• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

hotel wedding dinner packages

Guest arshavin

SeaClass wrote:

Wow! Who else holding their big day this year??

The banquet prices kept going up each year!

Mine in Dec.:peace:

What's the per table price range at hotels nowadays? Mine was 12 yrs ago in 2000 go way back.

Guest SeaClass

9339 wrote:

Most BIG hotel have SMALL ballroom for company function or events

Haha...didn't research much about hotels offering below 10 tables because I was looking at abt 20-25 tables.

Guest SeaClass

blackmercs wrote:

Bor bian leh, holding a MOM title so got to cut my pay. Btw if needs convoy on yr big day just shout for the la kopi kakis. Ang pao a token of appreciation can liao.

A convoy of MBs would be spectacular. :music:

Guest mvdennis

arshavin wrote:

any bros care to advise?

planning just 5 to 6 tables only.

Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental. They have a nice cosy set up and maybe can even close off a section for you.

Alternatively, can consider Hai Tien Lo at Pan Pacific Singapore.

Can book 3-4 private dining rooms and open them up across so it becomes like a long function room - quite nice and you'll be dining on Level 37 of the hotel with a spectacular view!

Guest SeaClass

arshavin wrote:

SeaClass, Maybe u do the convey. Then paper will report too

Perhaps, if enough bros from the various classes turn up. Then it will be more like MB gathering. :becky:

mvdennis wrote:

Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental. They have a nice cosy set up and maybe can even close off a section for you.

Alternatively, can consider Hai Tien Lo at Pan Pacific Singapore.

Can book 3-4 private dining rooms and open them up across so it becomes like a long function room - quite nice and you'll be dining on Level 37 of the hotel with a spectacular view!

or Jumbo Seafood? Yum Cha? Crystal Jade? The Prata Place?

Mac?

cheers

Guest mvdennis

ACSLK wrote:

or Jumbo Seafood? Yum Cha? Crystal Jade? The Prata Place?

Mac?

cheers

i love wedding dinners in casual places ... best is those malaysian wedding lunches ... drink and eat all you want, then take a nice drive back to singapore when traffic police all Zzzz

:becky::becky::becky::whistle:

SeaClass wrote:

Perhaps, if enough bros from the various classes turn up. Then it will be more like MB gathering. :becky:

Come join us on our outings and just say you want a wedding convoy .

Guest yc2005

For about 5-6 tables, I would advise going to restaurants to hold your banquet.

First, most hotel ballrooms wouldnt entertain your request, I think their min is also 12~20 tables.

Next, prices at hotels start from $900++ onwards, for half the price you can get all thats edible from the sea at restaurants compared to the meagre stuff hotels give

Obviously you lose out on the bells and whistle like hotel room stay, wedding march in cake cutting, champagne pouring, etc (some restaurant might offer you this, pls negotiate). But what you do can get at restaurants would be sth simple cosy and intimate, which i think is what you want for 5-6 tables.

I can recommend you my fave chi restaurant, Ah Yat abalone at Hotel Grand Pacific (former Allson Hotel). Recently went there and saw that they were doing some wedding banquet promo or something. I did my ROM luncheon there 2 years ago.

Guest Cklasse

Goodwood Park hotel has a nice private pool that is nice for ROM. The room that comes with the wedding package opens out to this pool area, so it's very convenient.

I had my dinner in the ballroom and ROM by this private pool area. The good part of Hotel wedding is after the hassle and drinking, you have a room to go back to. Btw, Goodwood Park is low floor, unlike Hyatt, if u know about the case many years ago.

Guest chiaster

for 5-6 tables, you can try Royal China at Raffles Hotel... the interior decor is white with "tiffany" blue... nice if you just want something simple and yet elegant...

http://www.raffles.com/singapore/restaurants-and-bars/royal-china-at-raffles/

not sure about the food or the prices but i don't think you will be paying hotel banquet prices per table...

Guest blackmercs

chiaster wrote:

my convoy will be on 30th March 2013... 63 weeks away... save the date, fellas... :becky:

Kong xi kong xi bru!! Will polish my car till kim kim goot goot & store it till 30th March 2013.