• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

1.8 CGI engine use simi petrol?

Guest Leftfield

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest Sanjay

Leftfield wrote:

any difference for the different tunes i.e. C180, C200 & C250? all can use 95 or must use 98 for the highly tuned ones?

use 98, better drive feel and maybe the dynamometer says no effect and legislation in eu says cars must run on 91 ron... but my personal experience tells me that 98 ron in the car is worth the difference..

Guest vt5sport

Used to get by on 95RON. One month felt more loaded so tried 98RON for a few tankfuls to see how. Somehow engine feels smoother and GB less urgent to upshift (i.e. less engine labouring) and seems to be in correct gear more often.

Guest kepiting1sg

For my previous E250 CGI - same 1.8L engine but stock tuned 204 hp runs good FC on 98 than 95 or V-Power. This was my findings after many rounds of 95 - 98 & V-Power over nearly 18K km.

Currently also appears to be the same for good FC on my ML300 3.0L NA engine with 98 than 95 or V-Power over 6k km.

• 1 month later...