• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Can the E Cab AMG Brakes fit in C180K?

Guest george

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hkhamateur

george wrote:

Ya....rotors pcd may be e same bt brackets n some parts fr e brake caliper diff! :whistle:

k, since bro Blackmercs offer help, better try e fitment! Gotta tx him after! :becky:

Guest hkhamateur

jtang wrote:

Bro George, it's a direct fit to the best of my knowledge. W207 & W204 share the same chasis, thus the same parts from the same bin.

Oh...I c. Hope its a gd news fr him. Tx bro Jtang. :becky:

Guest george

Sorry guys, give wrong information, the brake kit is not AMG, but the E250 Cab is the AMG package, but still the brakes and the rotors are so much bigger than the usual C180K ones. Dr T was right, it is a direct fit for my C180K. It fits like a glove. The braking power is better than usual due to the size of the rotor and caliper. But having said that, mean if the brake kit is from AMG meant for the E250 Cab, it means that it would be a direct fit for the C180K as well. No diff at all.

Will be meeting Dr T for lunch later to show him the conversion.

Guest blackmercs

george wrote:

Sorry guys, give wrong information, the brake kit is not AMG, but the E250 Cab is the AMG package, but still the brakes and the rotors are so much bigger than the usual C180K ones. Dr T was right, it is a direct fit for my C180K. It fits like a glove. The braking power is better than usual due to the size of the rotor and caliper. But having said that, mean if the brake kit is from AMG meant for the E250 Cab, it means that it would be a direct fit for the C180K as well. No diff at all.

Will be meeting Dr T for lunch later to show him the conversion.

Wow thats a good news both models sharing the same setup. Any pics?

Guest george

photo.jpg

I will take another one later with the whole car in place.....the Front and rear rotors and brake calipers are bigger than Dr T's C Class.....overall, the braking did improve slightly I think.....But it is nicer than the original brakes....

Guest Wanmerc

hi,

am a newbie here... changed from a bimmer to a merc. I'll be getting my car a W204 in early Feb. Was wondering what is the biggest rims that can fit W204 n whether can i install the BBK?

My SE said that my car cannot go beyond 17". Is that true?

Hope any bros here can share some kights to it.

Cheers

Guest jhun_4040

Wanmerc wrote:

hi,

am a newbie here... changed from a bimmer to a merc. I'll be getting my car a W204 in early Feb. Was wondering what is the biggest rims that can fit W204 n whether can i install the BBK?

Cheers

we got more than 17inch on W204, no worries on that !

Guest george

Wanmerc wrote:

hi,

Cheers

Hi there, I have just changed mine to 18" and took over the E250 Cab's front and rear complete brakes. No problem, direct fitting. The rotors are very much bigger than the existing and the front rotors come with cross drilled. I think this is a very good mod.

Guest blackmercs

Wanmerc wrote:

hi,

Cheers

Welcome!! Some say 20" rims as long as u like it. For BBK rim size does not matter is the design & gap space of the rims.

Wanmerc wrote:

hi,

Cheers

Is your W204 a 1.6 kompressor? If it is, try not to go beyond 18". The bigger the size, the harder your small engine has to work...performance suffers & FC increases. Take a look at George's set up...im sure he'll be happy to show you like he showed me last week.

jtang wrote:

Is your W204 a 1.6 kompressor? If it is, try not to go beyond 18". The bigger the size, the harder your small engine has to work...performance suffers & FC increases. Take a look at George's set up...im sure he'll be happy to show you like he showed me last week.

I guess have to wait for the next meet up...

Guest Wanmerc

george wrote:

I guess have to wait for the next meet up...

yes mine is the 1.6 komp. Btw, George, can i see ur car before the meet up since we are from the eqst area anw. hehe if it is not of incovenience for u.

Urs is 1.6 komp too?

Wanmerc wrote:

yes mine is the 1.6 komp. Btw, George, can i see ur car before the meet up since we are from the eqst area anw. hehe if it is not of incovenience for u.

Urs is 1.6 komp too?

Yes, 1.6 also. I am staying near pasir ris.

• 3 weeks later...
I will take another one later with the whole car in place.....the Front and rear rotors and brake calipers are bigger than Dr T's C Class.....overall' date=' the braking did improve slightly I think.....But it is nicer than the original brakes....[/quote']

Waiting for your full pics bro.

Surprised that your improvement is slight as i did a similar upgrade on my VW to an R32 bbk.

E bite was impressive for a big single pot.

Hi. Can use 17" avangarde rims be fitted with these brakes? Am about to swop out my 18" for a 17" till my rims r in.

Tks

Hi there, I have just changed mine to 18" and took over the E250 Cab's front and rear complete brakes. No problem, direct fitting. The rotors are very much bigger than the existing and the front rotors come with cross drilled. I think this is a very good mod.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...