• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Retrofitting brakes on B class

Guest mvdennis

Guest mvdennis

i guys i'm not sure what you think , but i feel the brakes on the B200T aren't really that strong ... am considering if its possible for me to upgrade them to bigger brakes like those from a stock E type or S type.

It's not the problem with the pads as i read from the service history slips that they have been replaced in just under a year ... (and the previous driver don't drive the car around a lot so the pads are still ok)

any one has any thoughts / experience in this?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kepiting1sg

mvdennis wrote:

i guys i'm not sure what you think , but i feel the brakes on the B200T aren't really that strong ... am considering if its possible for me to upgrade them to bigger brakes like those from a stock E type or S type.

It's not the problem with the pads as i read from the service history slips that they have been replaced in just under a year ... (and the previous driver don't drive the car around a lot so the pads are still ok)

any one has any thoughts / experience in this?

Dun think the E or S brakes can be fitted to your car.

If budget not a problem, there are always AMG Brake Kit or after mkt like Brembo.

For AMG, U can see our site sponsor MBM

Guest knighthunter

mvdennis wrote:

no la ... AMG kit will swipe out my bank account man. Lol!

Bro check whether your brake pads are originals. In my experience B class brake is very good but down side front pad will not last more than 30k and the brake dust is mad, front rims always turn black if I not wash it for 4-5 days

Guest kepiting1sg

Unimog wrote:

How to post pix?

Open on-line free account with eg. Flickr or photobucket. Upload your pics there and link the pictures here using the image icon above U will get

url of your pic1 then U have more pictures just repeat the process

url of your pic2

Guest mvdennis

knighthunter wrote:

Bro check whether your brake pads are originals. In my experience B class brake is very good but down side front pad will not last more than 30k and the brake dust is mad, front rims always turn black if I not wash it for 4-5 days

mine should be original la ... the previous owner was a die hard C&C fan ... everything service and replace there.

maybe i'm just too used to my EBC redstuff on my jag .. hahaha. anyone fitted ebc to mercs?

Guest mvdennis

chiaster wrote:

I've heard good things about EBC brake pads... Does it emit lots of brake dust?

not much difference from ferodas ... i would say you'll end up needing to clean your rims every week (i travel about 300-400km a week) but the biting power is just superb