• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Rims

Guest nala

Hello everyone,

I've just ordered a C180K from C&C, but I'm looking to change my standard rims. Looking at getting a 7-spoke amg light alloy. Any recommendation where should I look for trading-in of my rims? or should if C&C will be able to do this for me(without voiding my chartis insurance?) :bounce:

Guest blackmercs

nala wrote:

Hello everyone,

I've just ordered a C180K from C&C, but I'm looking to change my standard rims. Looking at getting a 7-spoke amg light alloy. Any recommendation where should I look for trading-in of my rims? or should if C&C will be able to do this for me(without voiding my chartis insurance?) :bounce:

Welcome!! Do a search for the rims design. Check with yr SE on rims mods.

Guest subaru67

nala wrote:

Hello everyone,

most rims shop will do yr trade in if u change once u drive out... hunt ard compare prices:becky:

Guest blackmercs

nala wrote:

Sorry if I'm asking stupid question. SE = Sales Exec?

Okay!! Yap SE is sale executive, SA - sale advisor & so fort. As long as they got this title "Sale" is crap & u got to be becareful.

For newbies, please do read up the forums before asking question that has been discussed many times. Like, my wiper judders!!

Do enjoy yr stays here, if you like those love to mods & couldnt wait, pm me yr nos. we do offline. My service is FOC!!

nala wrote:

Hello everyone,

Hi nala,

Congrats on your C180.........

can try Hurry Tyres.....

all the best

cheers

Guest SeaClass

nala wrote:

Hello everyone,

Full range of original rims including the 7-spoke AMG inside the thick C-Class brochure for saloon and estate, pages 92 and 93.

I was forced to take Chartis insurance too.

SeaClass wrote:

Full range of original rims including the 7-spoke AMG inside the thick C-Class brochure for saloon and estate, pages 92 and 93.

I was forced to take Chartis insurance too.

Ya, I've seen those... wonder how much to change. Looking at code 782. The one on the brochure cover. hee hee

Guest darkavenger

ACSLK wrote:

Hi nala,

Congrats on your C180.........

can try Hurry Tyres.....

all the best

cheers

just make sure you check very thoroughly before leaving the place.....

ain't too pleased with my one (and definitely last) visit there.

darkavenger wrote:

just make sure you check very thoroughly before leaving the place.....

ain't too pleased with my one (and definitely last) visit there.

Yes Sir.......

* where have you been??? long time no see......

cheers

Guest SeaClass

nala wrote:

Ya, I've seen those... wonder how much to change. Looking at code 782. The one on the brochure cover. hee hee

I think you can get better price from the third-party rims shops. But then not sure if Chartis allows that.

Guest blackmercs

SeaClass wrote:

I think you can get better price from the third-party rims shops. But then not sure if Chartis allows that.

Chartis also starta to clamp down mods? I thought is Aviva?

Guest limengwah

george wrote:

Does anyone knows how much is this set of AMG rims? Can it fit the 2012 W204?

mercedes_benz_e_coupe.jpg

Tyres size:

F: 235/40/R18

R: 255/40/R18

I'm selling mine, in perfect condition. Call or sms me if you are keen.

92776969 ken.

Guest kepiting1sg

george wrote:

Does anyone knows how much is this set of AMG rims? Can it fit the 2012 W204?

mercedes_benz_e_coupe.jpg

Tyres size:

F: 235/40/R18

R: 255/40/R18

IMHO

The above rims specs are as follows:

Front alloy wheels: 18x8" ET45

Tyres: 235/40/R18

Rear alloy wheels: 18x8.5" ET54

Tyres: 255/40/R18

The rear wheels & tyres will fit like a glove

The front wheel offset recommended with 8" x 18" rims for your C will be ET50.Should not be a problem with the additional (ET50-ET45)/2 theortically 2.5mm slightly out from your wheel hub - not a problem.

Recommended tyre size with these rims should be 225/40/18.

With the 235/40/18 tyres still can use for the front with a 1.26% bigger wheel diameter. There will be not much error or <1% in speedometer reading.

Bottorm line: Can use the rims & tyres

AMG rims really nice. I was tempted to get the Prodrive rims but japs rim on german car.. maybe it is just me..

(paisay me not against people using prodrive on a german car..dun flame me)

Guest blackmercs

Miura wrote:

AMG rims really nice. I was tempted to get the Prodrive rims but japs rim on german car.. maybe it is just me..

(paisay me not against people using prodrive on a german car..dun flame me)

To each of his own!! I like yr Avater chio bu.

Guest blackmercs

Miura wrote:

my dream to ride such chiobu ..

oops rephrase myself.. dream is to have a chio bu like tat to sit my ride

No worries!! I like to dream too not those dry one. Whats yr ride?