• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Track @ Pattaya

Guest Raskie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

It's a good single seater driving course with good instructor by Mr.Taki himself & his right hand man (forgot his name) at Bira Circuit. Very hands on...practically on every corner, he'll be standing there watching, & hearing your every blip on the throttle, your braking, & of course your heel & toe technique! He is so good that you cannot fool him with your mistakes. I did it (i think late 90's?) just after my racing kart days.

But i will not recommend this to those that has never done any racing (be it karts or cars). Why? Bcoz firstly, you gotta know your basics, like heel & toe. Even thou if you know heel & toe, pls note that single seater heel & toe is completely different from tin top cars! Secondly, you gotta know how to brake... sounds easy right? Heehee, try doing braking, clutch in, heel & toe, blip throttle at the right rpm, all at the same time, & also (forgot to mention), the gear stick is on the right hor! And btw.. if you don't pass the first stage, you can pack up & go back hotel room or after dark activity! ;D Thirdly, you gotta be fit for this course, especially your neck! Cos it gotta take the g force during the corners. If your neck can't take the g force, than you're going to struggle & make lots of mistakes..very dangerous. Ask Kompressor if neck muscle is important when karting. (notice F1 driver's neck are very thick example Alonso?!!!)

I strongly suggest that it's better to start with those advance driving clinic first before you try this, Cos like i'd said, if you can't pass stage one, you will go back to hotel room, $$$ wasted, & of course, no certificate!!! (that's what happen to my group of friends,thinking to themselves, what's so difficult to drive this car?) There's many many things to talk about single seater, maybe next time i tell you guys on the next meet up. My 50 cents hor!

Meantime, i manage to dig up some old pix/video i took!

Mr.Taki himself on hand to give me some tips! 8)

Taki2.jpg

My friend still having problems with heel & toe & blip, Mr.Taki is so on hand that he put his head into the cockpit to see his foot works! I'm in car 1 8)

Here's me in one of the straight, just before the chicane, hear the heel & toe & bliping!

I think this is turn 2 or 3!

Guest jenvid

keltanky ]

Raskie ]

yeah .. but group min 5 pax ... but shd be fun ... then there' wrote:

afterdark[/i] activities ... wahahahaha wrote:

hmmm afterdark...

errmm...afterdark is daylight man !!! hiaks...I wanna go on a full moon...hee..

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

The after dark hour there is crazy man. Too many girly bars & special 'magic' act by the girls! Also got boy boy bar too! kekeke ;D

Food is great too.