• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advance/Intensive Driving Clinic

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

This is what i learn during my early days when i got more hair! ;D

I highly recommend anyone who's looking for one!

Too bad Merc don't have! :'(

The Reverse Flick!

On Board during Drifting!

Drifting 1.

Drifting 2.

Looks easy right? My best was 5 rounds.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i can help out for sgmerc is maybe have an introduction to track driving, either in Sepang or PG, that i can help out.. as mentors to give advise on track driving.It's another new ball game to be driving intructors. I wonder if anyone is keen, i can book the track for sgmerc? Let's discuss during next meetup?

Guest Cklasse

My understanding is the ESP cannot turn off permanently (it comes back on after certain speed even if you turn it off) and it can intervene the drive.

I did some hard turning in the W204 during the C-class challenge and I can feel the ESP jealously taking over by cutting the throttle, so much so that the car was reluctant to accelerate momentarily when getting out of the bend even with my right foot planting hard on the pedal.

I had seen video of SL and CLK doing the drift and wonder can our C and E-class do the same with the ESP getting in the way. My 3 times encounter with my car tail wagging on wet road only invite ESP to intervene immediately. There is no chance for the tail to misbehave (not at insane speed of course).

Jeff, any enlightenment for this.

My understanding is the ESP cannot turn off permanently (it comes back on after certain speed even if you turn it off) and it can intervene the drive.

I did some hard turning in the W204 during the C-class challenge and I can feel the ESP jealously taking over by cutting the throttle, so much so that the car was reluctant to accelerate momentarily when getting out of the bend even with my right foot planting hard on the pedal.

I had seen video of SL and CLK doing the drift and wonder can our C and E-class do the same with the ESP getting in the way. My 3 times encounter with my car tail wagging on wet road only invite ESP to intervene immediately. There is no chance for the tail to misbehave (not at insane speed of course).

Jeff, any enlightenment for this.

You're right, the ESP will intervene everytime when the rear comes out! But i've done on my W210 on wet car park, still can drift round & round.. even thou the ESP keeps blinking.

Guest angela

You're right, the ESP will intervene everytime when the rear comes out! But i've done on my W210 on wet car park, still can drift round & round.. even thou the ESP keeps blinking.

DK, can demo during a wet day gimme see? or can i have taxi ride while ya do it?

Guest jenvid

Kompressor ]

Here' wrote:

To start, turn the ignition key to the first accessory position, making sure the dash display shows the odometer.

The SRS airbag light should be on.

Press the trip odometer reset button three times rapidly before it goes off. If you do this right, a screen will appear showing a voltmeter.

Then press the "up" arrow on the left side of the wheel twice to take you to the "ESP dynamometer test" screen.

Using the plus (+) button on the right side of the wheel, select "on" and then start the car.

Warnings will appear informing you that the ESP, ABS, and BAS (brake assist) aids are now turned off and you're on your own.

If you did it right, you've put the car in a mode intended for diagnostic testing on a rolling dynamometer—all electronic supervision is unplugged. Unhindered by techno-aids, the SLK's grip on the skidpad improved by 0.03 g compared with simply hitting the ESP switch on the dash.

Err it only works for manual cars... the last time I did it on W203.. my car nearly roll backward down the slope.

Guest Otsego

jenvid ]

Kompressor ]

Here' wrote:

To start, turn the ignition key to the first accessory position, making sure the dash display shows the odometer.

The SRS airbag light should be on.

Press the trip odometer reset button three times rapidly before it goes off. If you do this right, a screen will appear showing a voltmeter.

Then press the "up" arrow on the left side of the wheel twice to take you to the "ESP dynamometer test" screen.

Using the plus (+) button on the right side of the wheel, select "on" and then start the car.

Warnings will appear informing you that the ESP, ABS, and BAS (brake assist) aids are now turned off and you' wrote:

Err it only works for manual cars... the last time I did it on W203.. my car nearly roll backward down the slope.

erm, even AMGs(only auto) owner say it work...