• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Getting confused

Guest fatass

Hi Guys,

I'm just about to take over a W211 2004. been reading the threads about ipod connectivity etc and getting a little confused..... Is purchasing a new command unit the only solution?

What if I only want to play my ipod music?

Thanks guys.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kepiting1sg

fatass wrote:

Hi Guys,

I'm just about to take over a W211 2004. been reading the threads about ipod connectivity etc and getting a little confused..... Is purchasing a new command unit the only solution?

What if I only want to play my ipod music?

Thanks guys.

Check with ricric_lo or camber53 the 2 site Comand sponsors to see what you have in your ride and whether just to add an iPod kit is possible or not.

imho - not likely unless you have already Comand NTG 2.0 in the W211 2004.

More likely you have only Audio 20 head unit and nothing you can do about it :hand:

kepiting1sg wrote:

Check with ricric_lo or camber53 the 2 site Comand sponsors to see what you have in your ride and whether just to add an iPod kit is possible or not.

imho - not likely unless you have already Comand NTG 2.0 in the W211 2004.

More likely you have only Audio 20 head unit and nothing you can do about it :hand:

Thanks.... why do I have this bad feeling that it might just be the Audio 20 head unit and nothing can be done... ahahaha....

Guest kepiting1sg

fatass wrote:

Thanks.... why do I have this bad feeling that it might just be the Audio 20 head unit and nothing can be done... ahahaha....

Even my previous FL Dec 2007 W211 has only the Audio 20 and can't do any thing to it.

To listen to mp3, then poor thing gotto burn mp3 CDs.....kekeke! :becky: