• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Lobangs for respray?

Guest fatass

Hi fatass,

It is true that spray painting at STAR BLACK is not the cheapest compared to the market but for the amount of work done, it is definitely worth the money spent.

Taking this opportunity, please allow me to share briefly on our spray painting process which excludes the body repair process.

For all paint jobs, we will apply 7 layers of Dupont L.E. paint. As compared to 3 layers of what most other industry players practised, the job will allow the paint to have excellent finish that will last up to 3 years.

To ensure highest quality work, we uses 3M anti static paper instead of newspaper to wrap the portion that are yet to be sprayed - folks who have visited our Boon Lay open house in April 2011 can vouch for this. This will prevent dust or fine particles from (un)sprayed panels to affect the application (spraying) process.

While the after-sprayed cars are going through the "baking" process in our spray booth. Our booths (interior) will become a magnetic so as to attract any possible particles on the fresh paint onto the interior walls of our booths. Giving us the last line of defense in preventing sub-quality work.

In the last process, we will then buff the entire car 3 times so as to bring out the glow from the finishing coat.

Our spray painting is an audited process by our internal QA/QC team as well as Dupont. While the entire process may cost higher than our competitor, our body works and paint jobs are still very well received by general public as top automobile insurers. In fact, we are appointed by 20 top insurance companies (in Singapore) as their authorised workshop, making us the top automotive centre in Singapore with the largest panel of insurers' appointments and we take pride in this recognition for our high quality work and pursuit towards service excellence.

Hope the above clear the misunderstanding of the charges quoted. Alternatively, you may want to check with any of our members here to see if our job done on their Mercs' bodyworks are value for money.

Best regards,

Michael

fatass wrote:

Just popped over to Starblack and they quoted $3,000 to respray same colour.

Too expensive.

Guest blackmercs

DarkAv wrote:

Hi fatass,

It is true that spray painting at STAR BLACK is not the cheapest compared to the market but for the amount of work done, it is definitely worth the money spent.

Taking this opportunity, please allow me to share briefly on our spray painting process which excludes the body repair process.

For all paint jobs, we will apply 7 layers of Dupont L.E. paint. As compared to 3 layers of what most other industry players practised, the job will allow the paint to have excellent finish that will last up to 3 years.

To ensure highest quality work, we uses 3M anti static paper instead of newspaper to wrap the portion that are yet to be sprayed - folks who have visited our Boon Lay open house in April 2011 can vouch for this. This will prevent dust or fine particles from (un)sprayed panels to affect the application (spraying) process.

While the after-sprayed cars are going through the "baking" process in our spray booth. Our booths (interior) will become a magnetic so as to attract any possible particles on the fresh paint onto the interior walls of our booths. Giving us the last line of defense in preventing sub-quality work.

In the last process, we will then buff the entire car 3 times so as to bring out the glow from the finishing coat.

Our spray painting is an audited process by our internal QA/QC team as well as Dupont. While the entire process may cost higher than our competitor, our body works and paint jobs are still very well received by general public as top automobile insurers. In fact, we are appointed by 20 top insurance companies (in Singapore) as their authorised workshop, making us the top automotive centre in Singapore with the largest panel of insurers' appointments and we take pride in this recognition for our high quality work and pursuit towards service excellence.

Hope the above clear the misunderstanding of the charges quoted. Alternatively, you may want to check with any of our members here to see if our job done on their Mercs' bodyworks are value for money.

Best regards,

Michael

Well say!! Any further discount bor.

Guest hkhamateur

DarkAv wrote:

Hi fatass,

Best regards,

Michael

Finally, its been briefed! :becky:

So now, one got to ask yrself whether the quotation of S$3K worth or followed strictly w yr budget fr cheapest or in yr current car life span situation/ extension plans? :whistle:

Kam sia bro DarkAv (Mick). :yo:

blackmercs wrote:

Well say!! Any further discount bor.

Of coz! 10% for SGMERC membership cardholders :becky:

hkhamateur wrote:

Finally, its been briefed! :becky:

So now, one got to ask yrself whether the quotation of S$3K worth or followed strictly w yr budget fr cheapest or in yr current car life span situation/ extension plans? :whistle:

Kam sia bro DarkAv (Mick). :yo:

Welcome welcome.

fatass wrote:

Mike quoted $2,500 and says he is full till January. Wow..... good business!

year-end am sure most of the spray paint shop will be alittle busier than the usual month...

* hope you get a good spray painter shop soon.....

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sunnytang7788

Hi,

I stayed in Bukit Merah area, where is the nearby workshop that I can do a good re-spray for a reasonable price for my W140?

Thanks for the advise in advance.

Cheers

Sunny

fatass wrote:

I've gone with TD042's recommendation and sent my car to Phng Brothers this morning.

Now waiting in anticipation...

Hi

Possible to PM me details as am looking to respray my car as well

Thanks

Went to check on the car.... almost done! Respray completed and polishing in the midst....

Bought new star for the rear and the flat emblem instead of the upright one for the front at Premier Auto. $45 for both.

Now looking forward to collecting car, change rims, tint!

Woooohooo.....

fatass wrote:

Went to check on the car.... almost done! Respray completed and polishing in the midst....

Bought new star for the rear and the flat emblem instead of the upright one for the front at Premier Auto. $45 for both.

Woooohooo.....

steady lan bro!!!! u want change rim and tyre i got lobang too!!!! wahahahah:bounce:

• 4 weeks later...
fatass wrote:

Hi Guys,

Taking over a 2004 W211. Intend to respray the car. Anyone got any good recommendations.

Hi fatass,

can try Sin Wee Chuan (Mike: 9107 4888) or Ah Long (above Munich Auto M car showroom) or Yew Lip at Sin Ming (Angie)

happy spraying.......

cheers

For others looking to respray, I strongly recommend Yew Lip!

• 3 weeks later...

Woooohooo.....

Bro,

Congrats on your new ride.

Pics...pics...pics... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Soulz

Hi, any recommendations for paint touch up? Kena some scratches and dents but don't want to respray whole car...

Is it better to go respray center or servicing center will be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

Guest oshioyi

Hi all, sharing lobang here.

I had a dent (someone open door too hard beside my car) and scratch (from abrasion against some construction stuff) and went to Mercs at Pandan Loop to get a quote - $1300+ 2-3days. Panel beating and respray.

My salesman told me to go check out Das Auto at Pioneer Road. Went over and was quoted $300+ only, 1-2 days. Same thing, panel beating + respray.

What a huge difference. Will post the completed jobs when done.