• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Where to install TV mobile for C-Class (2011)

Guest Vinxsim

Guest Vinxsim

Hi guys, I just got my C-Class. The car came standard Command Online, with single DVD, reverse camera, 3G internet surfing & GPS navigation. I wish to install TV mobile, HID & able to let passenger contiuously watch DVD & surt the net even while driving. Anybody know where to install with care? Thanks in advance.

Vinxsim wrote:

Hi guys, I just got my C-Class. The car came standard Command Online, with single DVD, reverse camera, 3G internet surfing & GPS navigation. I wish to install TV mobile, HID & able to let passenger contiuously watch DVD & surt the net even while driving. Anybody know where to install with care? Thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard! :D

Guest ricric_lo

Hi Bro,

Would like to give my humble advice here.

1.) TV Mobile: Factory TV Turner is very expensive and the retrofit is not easy as it involves installation of the antenna & antenna amp. Aftermarket solution is the hook up a Multimedia Inteface (MMI) with a aftermarket TV Turner and expect the price could be 50% of the factory original equipment.

2.) HID: Retrofit the factory HID would casuse a lot of works and it's expensive than the factory price offered by C&C as the HID parts are expensive while it involves the rewiring, install the auto leveling senior and the light switch on the dashboard as well. Thus, some countries third HID is not legal and might be it's the only way you can go for.

3.) Watch DVD when the car is moving or Video-In-Motion (VIM), it's the most easiest installation and would not cost you too much as just need to add a black box between the Comand's H-Can & L-Can to the vehicle's Can's and then you can enjoy watching DVD even you're driving the car (more likely rather your wife and childern enjoy it).

Cheers, Ricky

Guest hkhamateur

Vinxsim wrote:

Yo bro, a warm big welcome! :peace: :yo:

Guest Leftfield

ricric_lo wrote:

Hi Bro,

Would like to give my humble advice here.

1.) TV Mobile: Factory TV Turner is very expensive and the retrofit is not easy as it involves installation of the antenna & antenna amp. Aftermarket solution is the hook up a Multimedia Inteface (MMI) with a aftermarket TV Turner and expect the price could be 50% of the factory original equipment.

2.) HID: Retrofit the factory HID would casuse a lot of works and it's expensive than the factory price offered by C&C as the HID parts are expensive while it involves the rewiring, install the auto leveling senior and the light switch on the dashboard as well. Thus, some countries third HID is not legal and might be it's the only way you can go for.

3.) Watch DVD when the car is moving or Video-In-Motion (VIM), it's the most easiest installation and would not cost you too much as just need to add a black box between the Comand's H-Can & L-Can to the vehicle's Can's and then you can enjoy watching DVD even you're driving the car (more likely rather your wife and childern enjoy it).

Cheers, Ricky

Ricky

hijack the thread with a quick question. how about ipod video? can comand play ipod videos or you wld need modification?

Guest kepiting1sg

Leftfield wrote:

Ricky

hijack the thread with a quick question. how about ipod video? can comand play ipod videos or you wld need modification?

If your ride comes with UCI, U can add in UCI Plus for iPod Video & BT Audio Streaming. sms/email??? :becky:

IMHO may not worth the $$$. :hand:

Ricky should be able to do it for you.

More info on UCI Plus

MIP-640.jpg

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/media-interface-plus.html

Guest chiaster

a warm welcome to you, mate! :welcome:

do join us at our many get-togethers (there's 1 on tonight!) because we'd really like to meet you and get to know you better! :peace:

by the way, are you in anyway associated with our ruling party? :shocked:

Vinxsim wrote: