• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your number - c180 kompressor(1.6A) 2011

Guest goose

Hi All, I have been driving this car for 2months now. I have been driving in the city so seldom go to the expressway. I find the car rather thirsty.

My number is 8.4km/liter so it is about 11.8litre/100km. I know... small engine heavy car. Anyone wants to share about their number?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blackmercs wrote:

Whats yr mileage? How many km before require topping up petrol? Any mods or stock to bonE for yr ride?

My mileage is low... less than 700km... seldom drive. second time top up last night after it hit the petrol reserve line. Drove about 509km and top up 59.9litre. No mods with only spare tire and my wife in the car with most of the journey.

Guest blackmercs

goose wrote:

My mileage is low... less than 700km... seldom drive. second time top up last night after it hit the petrol reserve line. Drove about 509km and top up 59.9litre. No mods with only spare tire and my wife in the car with most of the journey.

Probably yr car havent run in. U will see better FC result after 1500km. Look for our in house

FC King for advise :)

Guest arshavin

goose wrote:

Hi All, I have been driving this car for 2months now. I have been driving in the city so seldom go to the expressway. I find the car rather thirsty.

My number is 8.4km/liter so it is about 11.8litre/100km. I know... small engine heavy car. Anyone wants to share about their number?

actually i feel u have a good FC since u r drving inside the city.

and u didnt remove your spare tyre and didnt play with the tyre pressure. u must be a light footed pedal driver.

Guest arshavin

goose wrote:

u means your 1st full tank travel only 509km? if yes, your mileage per full tank is similar to my SE's mileage who travel in city often.

Guest spursburger

goose wrote:

wow. 10km/l is quite good for a start!

Ichua wrote:

per 100km I get on avg about 10-11, but daily transit to office n smooth traffic usually about 9... extreme cases e.g. airport runs I've gone down to 7.2 before.....

Yeah, I was hoping to get a value similar to Ichua. I dont have a heavy foot. I will normally let the car roll a bit before accelerating just to catch the rhythm provided I'm not the first car. Hopefully, FC will get better after I clock in 1500km as Blackmercs suggested.

Guest blackmercs

Ok, looks like 1.6 model are under power. If this is the case, u require more petrol to push the car which translates to high FC. Not too sure by adding sprint(not spring) booster or ECU will resolve this issue. This one got to seek Dr Handsome for advice.

blackmercs wrote:

Ok, looks like 1.6 model are under power. If this is the case, u require more petrol to push the car which translates to high FC. Not too sure by adding sprint(not spring) booster or ECU will resolve this issue. This one got to seek Dr Handsome for advice.

I agree that 1.6A is under power but this is to be expected. Heavy car small engine.

Guest chiaster

1.6 FC will not be comparable to the 1.8... same tank size but different power level...

to the thread starter, your car is still new, i don't think you should pamper it too much with your 1st few tanks of petrol (ie. push the car as often as you can to let the ECU and parts "wear itself in")... after that, start to drive efficiently and monitor your FC... it should improve with the subsequent tanks...

i've been driving my 1.8 CGI for 14 months or so... when it was new, i "thrashed" it for the first 2 tanks of petrol... didn't bother about FC... after that, i drove efficiently and started to look at FC... it improved with the next tank... went for 1st servicing and all... few weeks later, i changed my rims and tyres... dropped the springs... as soon as i upped to 19", i put 42psi into the tyres... continued to drive efficiently... FC kept improving... 15k servicing done, 30k servicing done... i did not remove the spare wheel in the boot well... my boot is not empty too... i use the ECP often on weekdays for work and weekends involve more of city driving with start stop conditions (read: ahmad for missus, mom, sis)... inertia is key... don't brake when you don't have to... don't overly accelerate... MBs are made to cruise (unless you are driving 1 of the genuine tuned AMGs) so let the car do that...

my record to date stands at 856km for a 66L tank... which translates to 12.97km per litre... or ~7.7litres per 100km (as per the readings on the dashboard)... i normally hit at least 700km before the yellow light comes up... there's another 100km or so left in the tank before it's really dry... the picture and thread is somewhere but i'm still at my work desk so can't spend too much time trying to look for it... i'll let my trusty pals here put up the relevant "proof"... (thanks, guys) :thumb:

Aw... nice.

chiaster wrote:

1.6 FC will not be comparable to the 1.8... same tank size but different power level...

to the thread starter, your car is still new, i don't think you should pamper it too much with your 1st few tanks of petrol (ie. push the car as often as you can to let the ECU and parts "wear itself in")... after that, start to drive efficiently and monitor your FC... it should improve with the subsequent tanks...

i've been driving my 1.8 CGI for 14 months or so... when it was new, i "thrashed" it for the first 2 tanks of petrol... didn't bother about FC... after that, i drove efficiently and started to look at FC... it improved with the next tank... went for 1st servicing and all... few weeks later, i changed my rims and tyres... dropped the springs... as soon as i upped to 19", i put 42psi into the tyres... continued to drive efficiently... FC kept improving... 15k servicing done, 30k servicing done... i did not remove the spare wheel in the boot well... my boot is not empty too... i use the ECP often on weekdays for work and weekends involve more of city driving with start stop conditions (read: ahmad for missus, mom, sis)... inertia is key... don't brake when you don't have to... don't overly accelerate... MBs are made to cruise (unless you are driving 1 of the genuine tuned AMGs) so let the car do that...

my record to date stands at 856km for a 66L tank... which translates to 12.97km per litre... or ~7.7litres per 100km (as per the readings on the dashboard)... i normally hit at least 700km before the yellow light comes up... there's another 100km or so left in the tank before it's really dry... the picture and thread is somewhere but i'm still at my work desk so can't spend too much time trying to look for it... i'll let my trusty pals here put up the relevant "proof"... (thanks, guys) :thumb:

Guest hkhamateur

chiaster wrote:

i've been driving my 1.8 CGI for 14 months or so... when it was new, i "thrashed" it for the first 2 tanks of petrol... didn't bother about FC... after that, i drove efficiently and started to look at FC... it improved with the next tank... went for 1st servicing and all... few weeks later, i changed my rims and tyres... dropped the springs... as soon as i upped to 19", i put 42psi into the tyres... continued to drive efficiently... FC kept improving... 15k servicing done, 30k servicing done... i did not remove the spare wheel in the boot well... my boot is not empty too... i use the ECP often on weekdays for work and weekends involve more of city driving with start stop conditions (read: ahmad for missus, mom, sis)... inertia is key... don't brake when you don't have to... don't otverly accelerate... MBs are made to cruise (unless you are driving 1 of the genuine tuned AMGs) so let the car do that...

Our first FC Seminar talk! Great bro! :becky:

I'm w C180 Kompressor (1.8A) since years n avg 10-10.2km per Litre. Sum up to 660km fr 64L tank lately tested! :bounce:

Guest chiaster

bro, how come your tank is only 64L? i thought all w204 has 66L tank??? gurus and old birds, please kindly correct us... thanks! :thumb:

hkhamateur wrote:

Our first FC Seminar talk! Great bro! :becky:

I'm w C180 Kompressor (1.8A) since years n avg 10-10.2km per Litre. Sum up to 660km fr 64L tank lately tested! :bounce:

Guest hkhamateur

chiaster wrote:

bro, how come your tank is only 64L? i thought all w204 has 66L tank??? gurus and old birds, please kindly correct us... thanks! :thumb:

Its 66L bt at tat moment fuel gauge light up I top up full tank fm 64L nt completely empty tank. :becky:

And I clocked 660km when e next fuel gauge light up! :whistle:

• 5 months later...

To update on this post, I took chiaster advice and my FC has improved to 10.2L/100km from the last few topup. Nice!

p/s very free in the office and so look up my old post.

1.6 FC will not be comparable to the 1.8... same tank size but different power level...to the thread starter, your car is still new, i don't think you should pamper it too much with your 1st few tanks of petrol (ie. push the car as often as you can to let the ECU and parts "wear itself in")... after that, start to drive efficiently and monitor your FC... it should improve with the subsequent tanks...i've been driving my 1.8 CGI for 14 months or so... when it was new, i "thrashed" it for the first 2 tanks of petrol... didn't bother about FC... after that, i drove efficiently and started to look at FC... it improved with the next tank... went for 1st servicing and all... few weeks later, i changed my rims and tyres... dropped the springs... as soon as i upped to 19", i put 42psi into the tyres... continued to drive efficiently... FC kept improving... 15k servicing done, 30k servicing done... i did not remove the spare wheel in the boot well... my boot is not empty too... i use the ECP often on weekdays for work and weekends involve more of city driving with start stop conditions (read: ahmad for missus, mom, sis)... inertia is key... don't brake when you don't have to... don't overly accelerate... MBs are made to cruise (unless you are driving 1 of the genuine tuned AMGs) so let the car do that...my record to date stands at 856km for a 66L tank... which translates to 12.97km per litre... or ~7.7litres per 100km (as per the readings on the dashboard)... i normally hit at least 700km before the yellow light comes up... there's another 100km or so left in the tank before it's really dry... the picture and thread is somewhere but i'm still at my work desk so can't spend too much time trying to look for it... i'll let my trusty pals here put up the relevant "proof"... (thanks, guys) :thumb: