• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 aftermarket suspension

Guest kopimonster

Guest kopimonster

bros, was juz wondering any of you changed your stock suspension to aftermarket ones?

i am look thru 2 susposely popular and reputed brands, KW and bilstein, but yet to find any suitable ones for the W204.

Guest kopimonster

thks bro, heard good things abt that too :)

also heard that there are some devices that allow you to control you suspension directly from the cabin, it would be real cool to have one of those installed ;D

Guest morganoh

k, many thanks bros. juz checking around first, cuz if i really cant get use to the stock suspension, will know what to go for liao ;)

If change the stock suspension, than the agility control on the suspension will be gone right

and will not be able to enjoy the auto adjustment on the suspension.

morganoh ]

k, many thanks bros. juz checking around first, cuz if i really cant get use to the stock suspension, will know what to go for liao wrote:

If change the stock suspension, than the agility control on the suspension will be gone right

and will not be able to enjoy the auto adjustment on the suspension.

agree.. agility control suspension controls the shock absorber forces according to the driving situation.. it is possible that changing the suspension may void this feature...

Guest kopimonster

yup, i think so too, better to leave your suspesion alone IF you still wan to enjoy this feature

for me, i just prefer something that could be adjusted according to my needs and mood, but juz personal preference nia ;)

Guest morganoh

Thats the reason why I op for the sports suspension when I bought the car.

but 1mth after I place the order, I can the saleperson and upgrade it to advance agility control.

cos If i do not order the advance agility control, I will never hav one cos can't install once it leave the factory.

yup, i think so too, better to leave your suspesion alone IF you still wan to enjoy this feature

for me, i just prefer something that could be adjusted according to my needs and mood, but juz personal preference nia ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

fyi...called eurowerks and benzline asking for KW and Bilstein respectively, so far, no suitable suspension for W204.....yet.... :(

if you are going the route of coilovers - between KW & Bilstein, both of which i have used on my previous ride, i'd opt for the BILSTEIN pss9 without any 2nd consideration.. IMHO KW is more "marketing hype" than proper business - which is not wrong only if you do not mind that a higher proportion of your money paid for the coilovers go to marketing of the product rather than THE actual product itself....

haha

Guest kopimonster

fyi...called eurowerks and benzline asking for KW and Bilstein respectively, so far, no suitable suspension for W204.....yet.... :(

if you are going the route of coilovers - between KW & Bilstein, both of which i have used on my previous ride, i'd opt for the BILSTEIN pss9 without any 2nd consideration.. IMHO KW is more "marketing hype" than proper business - which is not wrong only if you do not mind that a higher proportion of your money paid for the coilovers go to marketing of the product rather than THE actual product itself....

haha

wow..cool!

with respect to comfort settings, which is better? KW or Bilestein? but i dun track, would the bilestein be somewhat of an overkill?

btw, have you heard of (or used one of those) controllers that allows you to adjust your suspension inside the car? tot it could be interfaced to the PSS9 or wat.

Guest angela

If you talk about comfort then i would dare say that the KW would be more comfortable. Not that the Bilstein will cause your ride to become unusable - but bcos issues like comfort can be quite subjective... i.e: some got more spongy butts, some got boney butts... :)

The bilstein PSS9s are more focused - bound/rebound adjustability, helper springs, height adjustable, ligther weight than stock.

While im sure u know KW has 3 variants... which means tat IF u go for the "best" = Variant 3 = u pay MORE $$$$$ than bilstein PSS9 which has similar if not better performance if you ask me. I do know tat KWV3 is costs more than PSS9s... but it does not mean the PSS9s are lousier... ::)

but it comes back to the question; why pay extra for coilovers then get a coilover set & for the sake of comfort get a set that is only height adjustable? :-\ might as well save few hundred bucks & get "sport" dampers with matched lowered springs... u get ur required comfort, a tiny bit better cornering ability & tat lowered fierce look - achieve the same thing for less $.

IMO coilovers are meant to be the REAL DEAL if u want cornering prowess... tat is why many willing to pay crazy $$ for adjustable coilovers available in only 1 single flavour = HARDCORE... haha

coilover "variants" are just gimmicks to get more cash out of consumers.

anywys, u can certainly sleep well when u know u bought PSS9s which are cheaper than KW var-3 & know that Bilstein adjustable coilovers are standard in the EVO X & Nissan GTR.... 8) ::) how is that for "marketing"?? better right? at least one pays less and got bragging rights... heh ;D

Guest angela

kopimonster ]

if you are going the route of coilovers - between KW & Bilstein, both of which i have used on my previous ride, i' wrote:

wow..cool!

with respect to comfort settings, which is better? KW or Bilestein? but i dun track, would the bilestein be somewhat of an overkill?

btw, have you heard of (or used one of those) controllers that allows you to adjust your suspension inside the car? tot it could be interfaced to the PSS9 or wat.

hmm... the PSS9s cannot be electronically controlled. Wat i do know (do not quote me) is tat Bilstein has developed aftermarket B16 coilovers for aftermarket use in Porsche PASM (Porsche Active SUspension management) system..

so yes the B16 can be electronically controlled from within the vehicle. Another car tat has such a electronic system developed by Bilstein and is factory standard is to be found in the Nissan GTR.

the more commonly heard of systems are from TEIN etc... but i believe those systems are more for AESTHETIC looks (raise height/lower height) than for SERIOUS race driving....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kopimonster

juz some updates, went down to benzline yesterday, check wif them on bilstein suspension, appears that w204 variants will not be in that soon, but when they do, they will be in the region of 4k+ for PSS10 (estimated), and that includes an internal controller that allows you to control your suspension inside the cabin...hooray ;D