• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Command Retrofit on SLK R171

Guest jonnybravo

Guest jonnybravo

Hi All,

I've just made the downpayment to Ricky for the installation of Command.

Am very excited as reading from all the overseas forum about how they have been able to do it by themselves, finally there seems to be a solution in SG.

If everything works alright, I'll be able to use Bluetooth handsfree, Command Navigation & DVD playback etc.

Then again there's the apprehension of being cheated since there's no company nor even a face to put to the person whom I've sent the money over.

Will keep you all updated on how this goes.

Jon

jonnybravo wrote:

Hi All,

Am very excited as reading from all the overseas forum about how they have been able to do it by themselves, finally there seems to be a solution in SG.

If everything works alright, I'll be able to use Bluetooth handsfree, Command Navigation & DVD playback etc.

Then again there's the apprehension of being cheated since there's no company nor even a face to put to the person whom I've sent the money over.

Jon

Bravo Bravo Jon.......

cheers

Guest kepiting1sg

jonnybravo wrote:

Hi All,

Jon

Congrats Jon!

No worries!

Ricky no fly by nite guy!

He's here to stay!

U will be more than happy with his service!

Enjoy your COMAND & talk to your own SIRI with the Linguatronic Voice Control.

jonnybravo wrote:

Wow! There's voice control? I didn't know that!

I thought there's only navigation, dvd playback & bluetooth phone connection that's all.

Jon

Hi Jon,

clap clap clap...........

* do join us for ND after sgmerc D&D this Saturday ya.....

cheers

Guest kepiting1sg

jonnybravo wrote:

Wow! There's voice control? I didn't know that!

I thought there's only navigation, dvd playback & bluetooth phone connection that's all.

Jon

SD Card music & 4Gb Hardisk space for your mp3, wma or m4a!:becky:

In tunnel navigation without satellite signals.

All info including navi & phone appear in your instrument cluster!

Guest jonnybravo

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Jon,

clap clap clap...........

* do join us for ND after sgmerc D&D this Saturday ya.....

cheers

Hi Alvin,

Can you organize a NR instead. The ND always very slow & have to wait & wait....

jonnybravo wrote:

Hi Alvin,

Can you organize a NR instead. The ND always very slow & have to wait & wait....

Hi Jon,

your car too fast.............got newbie you know.....

* must give and take, lolz

cheers

Guest jonnybravo

Hi All,

Just a quick update.

Ricky has been contacting me via email & he just informs that the Head Unit is on hand but still waiting for some other parts to arrive before he can head down to do the installation on my car.

Can't wait!

Jon

kepiting1sg wrote:

SD Card music & 4Gb Hardisk space for your mp3, wma or m4a!:becky:

In tunnel navigation without satellite signals.

All info including navi & phone appear in your instrument cluster!

I'm just curious, how does the navi work in tunnel?

The first time i used it and enter CTE i am pleasantly surprised, as my phone navi fails whenever i enter tunnel

Guest kepiting1sg

yc2005 wrote:

I'm just curious, how does the navi work in tunnel?

The first time i used it and enter CTE i am pleasantly surprised, as my phone navi fails whenever i enter tunnel

In simple explainations - It works on the speed of your car and your direction of travel when you enter the tunnel. Dun forget your Comand comes with a Compass! :becky:

Guest jonnybravo

Cavell wrote:

Good luck with Rick ... May god bless you ..

Hi Cavell,

Your answer sounds skeptical, or am i just being too sensitive?

Is there something I should know? Hope you will share before I pay him the full amount.

Jon

kepiting1sg wrote:

In simple explainations - It works on the speed of your car and your direction of travel when you enter the tunnel. Dun forget your Comand comes with a Compass! :becky:

That's cool, thanks for the explanation. :thumb: