• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Merc Vito Sport-X 204bhp

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Here’s a look at what we’re missing out on local roads. The Vito Sport-X released sometime last year in the UK features a 3 litre V6 diesel engine pumping out 204bhp and cosmetic enhancements by Brabus. The 5 speed automatic rear wheel drive van looks pretty darn fierce and would give many road cars a scare with it’s 8.3 second 100km/h acceleration time.

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/vans/home/products/new_vans/vito/vito_sport_X_204_Special_Edition.html

Vito Sport-X VS Transporter Sportline. Lost out due to traction control! >:(

Guest Otsego

i hope this work on ur C class, confirm working on the new SLk class

Here's how. To start, turn the ignition key to the first accessory position, making sure the dash display shows the odometer. The SRS airbag light should be on. Press the trip odometer reset button three times rapidly before it goes off. If you do this right, a screen will appear showing a voltmeter. Then press the "up" arrow on the left side of the wheel twice to take you to the "ESP dynamometer test" screen. Using the plus (+) button on the right side of the wheel, select "on." And then start the car. Warnings will appear informing you that the ESP, ABS, and BAS (brake assist) aids are now turned off and you're on your own.

If you did it right, you've put the car in a mode intended for diagnostic testing on a rolling dynamometer—all electronic supervision is unplugged. Unhindered by techno-aids, the SLK's grip on the skidpad improved by 0.03 g compared with simply hitting the ESP switch on the dash. To return all the safety technology, scroll back to the dyno test screen and select "w/t. 15 off" with the minus (-) button. Shutting off all the electronic aids isn't easy, and that should tell you something. Owners are not generally privy to the dynamometer mode; therefore, we will continue to publish test numbers attained with the dashboard ESP switch turned off. We just thought you'd want to know

copied from SLKworld

Guest Otsego

Using dyno-mode basically shuts down most of the ESP control module so all functions of ESP are no longer available thats the

acceleration skid system

over-run system (applies reducing throttle after a quick let off at speed)

brake assist

anti-lock brakes

and last the actual traction control core system

Basically the car becomes a 1980's brake system with no help given to you at all

Copied from SLKworld

Guest angela

thanks otsego...

now my hand really itchy wants to go play play the system... aiyer...

sian 1 week to b road and i just got a sprint booster and now this "cheat code"...

didnt the organisers say something about not "major modding" our cars before this drive? opps... :|

Guest angela

Dun even think of doing it, it is very dangerous but if you insist please do not cause danger to other road user.

check out the Mark X, many accident due to no ESP.

don't worry, i only ask for curosity sake... was thinking about finding a sand pit in malaysia to see how well the car can do donuts without esp...

and, im not going to play with a car that im not familiar with in sg road... i dont go speeding about turning off my esp just for fun... i turned it off once and i learnt my lesson.

Guest angela

thanks otsego...

now my hand really itchy wants to go play play the system... aiyer...

sian 1 week to b road and i just got a sprint booster and now this "cheat code"...

didnt the organisers say something about not "major modding" our cars before this drive? opps... :|

Willy please do not mod anything before the b road, it is very dangerous as you still not familiarise with your pedal.

OMG

dont worry, i planned to drive for 30km everyday in different traffic situation for 1 week to familarise myself with pedal...

if in the end still not used to it, will take it out on sat morning before b road.

and of course i will not turn off the esp for b road drive. i know that its my responsibility everytime i sit behind the wheel of a car. dont worry, i dont over do things.