• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

All new BMW 3!

Guest hkhamateur

Guest hkhamateur

Learn fm e web n all new BMW 3 series re awesome! :becky:

Previewed their launch ON YOUTUBE was v cool too. :whistle:

Bros/Sis, insert any infos, photos if u can! Thanks bros! :cell: :yo:

Guest hkhamateur

jtang wrote:

going over to the dark side bro?

Mayb Mayb bro. Ideal sz n shld b affordable! :becky:

Designs v similar to 5 series n handlg shld b lighter than 5, fun n aggressive too. :rockon:

Wil look out fr e launch then! :whistle:

Otherwise shld b a long wait fr all new W205! :thumb:

hkhamateur wrote:

Designs v similar to 5 series n handlg shld b lighter than 5, fun n aggressive too. :rockon:

Sheer Driving Pleasure Rocks.......

cheers

hkhamateur wrote:

How can you betray me and chocs Jie Jie once again?

Guest hkhamateur

Wes23 wrote:

How can you betray me and chocs Jie Jie once again?

No choice coz she's chosen e bright side ma! :tsk:

I was abandon by....????? Sighz...

Em....fear I sense! E dark side.........:spy: :spider:

hkhamateur wrote:

No choice coz she's chosen e bright side ma! :tsk:

I was abandon by....????? Sighz...

Em....fear I sense! E dark side.........:spy: :spider:

Then I join you Liao. Cooper s!!!

Guest hkhamateur

Wes23 wrote:

Then I join you Liao. Cooper s!!!

No tx bro! :hand:

anakin went alone so must well follow! :spy:

further, my heart can't take double betrayal as any more I'll become evil! :tsk:

hkhamateur wrote:

No tx bro! :hand:

anakin went alone so must well follow! :spy:

further, my heart can't take double betrayal as anymore I'll become evil! :tsk:

Please forgive me master!!!! :Cry:

Guest hkhamateur

Wes23 wrote:

Please forgive me master!!!! :Cry:

Erm.....fear, I sense! :spider:

young jedi, ctrl u must! :ballchain:

yest noon saw this BMW 1 series 5doors version, Swee! White w BTCC blk stickers lines on e right side, BBS 17" Matt Blk rims, lowered susp, API bbk Yel col. :thumb:

Almost race w him, a (Young punk) luckily I'm mature n humble w C180 only! :rockon: :car:

Wes, this 1 series 5drs realli suit u than e hatch ver shld u willingly leave us to yr darkside! :whistle:

hkhamateur wrote:

Erm.....fear, I sense! :spider:

young jedi, ctrl u must! :ballchain:

yest noon saw this BMW 1 series 5doors version, Swee! White w BTCC blk stickers lines on e right side, BBS 17" Matt Blk rims, lowered susp, API bbk Yel col. :thumb:

Almost race w him, a (Young punk) luckily I'm mature n humble w C180 only! :rockon: :car:

Wes, this 1 series 5drs realli suit u tan e hatch ver shld u willingly leave us to yr darkside! :whistle:

Omg! Ok. Tml I go see Liao!

more pictures here: http://116.12.55.24/my/?p=3275&pid=165

review by Top Gear

Let’s start with some facts, because your mates who have proper jobs, ones that involve company cars, will want to know about the sixth generation BMW 3 Series, and it’s your duty to tell them what they need to know.

If this needs to be communicated briefly, via Twitter or somesuch, just tell them it’s the best car in its class. Still. Because it is. If you want to go into much depth, begin with increased dimensions (93mm longer, 9mm taller, etc) and go on to discuss how the new lower nose design has improved both aerodynamics (0.26Cd for the most air-cheating models) and pedestrian safety.

Of course it’s not a revolutionary leap forward. This is a mainstream car that sells in massive numbers – when it goes on sale in the here next year it needs to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. We can’t see it alienating many. With the exception of the pointier front end the exterior is entirely fine. Nothing radical, just a good freshen up. Same indoors, too. BMW has been bolder with materials, folding them into more interesting shapes, yet the ergonomics are excellent and the quality and design is fully up to scratch.

Seven engines are available overseas, four diesels and three petrols, although on the launch just two were present, a pair of 2.0-litre turbos, one petrol, the other diesel. The 328i is the new engine, a four cylinder turbo that replaces the old naturally aspirated straight six of the 330i. No, it’s not as charismatic, and yes, that does matter as there’s now one less reason to buy petrol instead of a more sensible diesel. It’s got plenty of grunt though, as in 245bhp and 0-100km/h in 5.9secs and growls in a vaguely interesting way as it homes in on the 7,000rpm redline. Look, it’s an impressive engine for its combination of power and efficiency (15.6km/L), but it’s not especially memorable or lovable.

Special mention also goes to the eight-speed automatic gearbox worn by every car on the launch. I can’t report on what the standard-fit six speed manual is like, but the auto is terrific. It has many ratios to choose from, but manages to slink through them all rapidly and unobtrusively.

A good drivetrain isn’t the be all and end all of this car though. Granted, it would be a shock if BMW had ballsed up the ride and handling, but it really hasn’t. Quite the opposite. The rear wheel drive saloon drives smoothly, precisely and rewardingly. The steering might not be the last word in feedback, but the weighting is so good and the nose so responsive that it’s never an issue. And the thing’s just so well balanced and agile. For a mainstream car, it’s brilliant. It’s a mighty capable motorway device: quiet, stable, smooth and all the rest.

The 3 Series in its various form should arrive here by the second quarter of next year, to be followed in late in 2012 not only by new body styles (estate leads the way, followed by coupe and cabrio), but also a hybrid model and even a quattro, er, that is, an all-wheel drive version. It probably won’t be coming here, but if it did, that really would put the cat among the Audi pigeons.No word on pricing for our market yet, but one thing’s for certain, the new 3 is good. No, scratch that – it’s an excellent, excellent car. Now go tell your mates.

Guest hkhamateur

skid wrote:

more pictures here: http://116.12.55.24/my/?p=3275&pid=165

review by Top Gear

Let’s start with some facts, because your mates who have proper jobs, ones that involve company cars, will want to know about the sixth generation BMW 3 Series, and it’s your duty to tell them what they need to know.

If this needs to be communicated briefly, via Twitter or somesuch, just tell them it’s the best car in its class. Still. Because it is. If you want to go into much depth, begin with increased dimensions (93mm longer, 9mm taller, etc) and go on to discuss how the new lower nose design has improved both aerodynamics (0.26Cd for the most air-cheating models) and pedestrian safety.

Of course it’s not a revolutionary leap forward. This is a mainstream car that sells in massive numbers – when it goes on sale in the here next year it needs to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. We can’t see it alienating many. With the exception of the pointier front end the exterior is entirely fine. Nothing radical, just a good freshen up. Same indoors, too. BMW has been bolder with materials, folding them into more interesting shapes, yet the ergonomics are excellent and the quality and design is fully up to scratch.

Seven engines are available overseas, four diesels and three petrols, although on the launch just two were present, a pair of 2.0-litre turbos, one petrol, the other diesel. The 328i is the new engine, a four cylinder turbo that replaces the old naturally aspirated straight six of the 330i. No, it’s not as charismatic, and yes, that does matter as there’s now one less reason to buy petrol instead of a more sensible diesel. It’s got plenty of grunt though, as in 245bhp and 0-100km/h in 5.9secs and growls in a vaguely interesting way as it homes in on the 7,000rpm redline. Look, it’s an impressive engine for its combination of power and efficiency (15.6km/L), but it’s not especially memorable or lovable.

Special mention also goes to the eight-speed automatic gearbox worn by every car on the launch. I can’t report on what the standard-fit six speed manual is like, but the auto is terrific. It has many ratios to choose from, but manages to slink through them all rapidly and unobtrusively.

A good drivetrain isn’t the be all and end all of this car though. Granted, it would be a shock if BMW had ballsed up the ride and handling, but it really hasn’t. Quite the opposite. The rear wheel drive saloon drives smoothly, precisely and rewardingly. The steering might not be the last word in feedback, but the weighting is so good and the nose so responsive that it’s never an issue. And the thing’s just so well balanced and agile. For a mainstream car, it’s brilliant. It’s a mighty capable motorway device: quiet, stable, smooth and all the rest.

The 3 Series in its various form should arrive here by the second quarter of next year, to be followed in late in 2012 not only by new body styles (estate leads the way, followed by coupe and cabrio), but also a hybrid model and even a quattro, er, that is, an all-wheel drive version. It probably won’t be coming here, but if it did, that really would put the cat among the Audi pigeons.No word on pricing for our market yet, but one thing’s for certain, the new 3 is good. No, scratch that – it’s an excellent, excellent car. Now go tell your mates.

Solid! 3series rock!

Watched e official launch in Germany via youtube! Its awesome! :thumb:

Guest chiaster

wha... i quite fancy the M3 too... is it a sedan, coupe or convertible? :becky:

hkhamateur wrote:

Nope! M3 Powderful n Nicz.....! :car: :rockon:

One of my friend has n may let! His second car! :whistle:

Guest hkhamateur

chiaster wrote:

wha... i quite fancy the M3 too... is it a sedan, coupe or convertible? :becky:

Its a coupe, bro! :thumb:

Its beast too beside being a Beauty, sexy n power man. :first:

Guest chiaster

the coupe is best for the track as compared to the other 2... :thumb:

what colour? :becky:

hkhamateur wrote:

Its a coupe, bro! :thumb:

Its beast too beside being a Beauty, sexy n power man. :first:

Guest jhun_4040

chiaster wrote:

the coupe is best for the track as compared to the other 2... :thumb:

what colour? :becky:

The dark side is veri powerful :nono:

my bros, muz conquer the desire !! gif me ur money, i keep fixed d for u, so u wun think so much on the dark side ! :wave:

jhun_4040 wrote:

The dark side is veri powerful :nono:

my bros, muz conquer the desire !! gif me ur money, i keep fixed d for u, so u wun think so much on the dark side ! :wave:

after fixed d matures can buy ? :becky:

Guest hkhamateur

Wes23 wrote:

I want a gumpert Apollo! Help me count the number of years of fixed deposit. Hee. :becky:

Ya....by then u hve e money bt no longer has e heart to try liao! :bounce: :bounce:

Why so hard/miser on yrself! :whistle:

Pamper yrself while u can n live yr life in fullness! :peace: :rockon: