• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

mp3 played without artwork display on 2011 FL W204 Audio20

Guest iseya

hi there,

just checking in..how to ensure mp3 artwork is displayable on audio 20? the same mp3 files works on my iphone and other gadgets..

i bluetoothed my iphone4 to play the mp3 and also play from the mp3 cd..but no artwork..

i recalled reading some post online (with picture) that works..

or rather audio 20 can't display artwork?

please advise.

thansk much..

Guest kepiting1sg

iseya wrote:

hi there,

just checking in..how to ensure mp3 artwork is displayable on audio 20? the same mp3 files works on my iphone and other gadgets..

i bluetoothed my iphone4 to play the mp3 and also play from the mp3 cd..but no artwork..

please advise.

thansk much..

A warm :welcome: to the forum.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

There is no artwork display for mp3 songs but rather title of song, singer & album if data are available and recognised!

Guest hkhamateur

iseya wrote:

hi there,

please advise.

thansk much..

Yo iseya, a big :peace: :welcome:

Join us more often whenever u re available. Our AMG near e corner, so sign up bro! :becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

manmerlion wrote:

Can't display artwork, okay lah.

What impresses me is its ability to display English and Chinese ID3 tags.

Even Korean & Jepunese! :hand:

Gracenote is awesome!

Guest silverarrow

Can display artwork lah. I can see them on the Comand console when I play my MP3s. It depends if the MP3 file itself has a stored artwork that is readable by Audio 20. I don't get artwork displayed for all the songs I have though.

manmerlion wrote:

Can't display artwork, okay lah.

What impresses me is its ability to display English and Chinese ID3 tags.

Guest manmerlion

silverarrow wrote:

Can display artwork lah. I can see them on the Comand console when I play my MP3s. It depends if the MP3 file itself has a stored artwork that is readable by Audio 20. I don't get artwork displayed for all the songs I have though.

I stand corrected. Yes, COMAND does display album artwork. For my mp3 collection, only a few have such artwork.

• 3 weeks later...

iseya wrote:

hi there,

please advise.

thansk much..

Hi Iseya,

You may try to edit the MP3 file from iTunes, go to the song file to "Get Info"; Artwork Tab to add in the picture of display you wanted to.

Guest markcwq

iseya wrote:

hi there,

please advise.

thansk much..

Finally figured it out. If you play your music through bluetooth, the iPod connector, or CD, the album art won't show. However, if you copy the song over to a thumb drive and plug it into the USB connector, the album artwork will be displayed.

Guest Leftfield

markcwq wrote:

Finally figured it out. If you play your music through bluetooth, the iPod connector, or CD, the album art won't show. However, if you copy the song over to a thumb drive and plug it into the USB connector, the album artwork will be displayed.

That's odd, shouldn't the ipod media interface kit be able to port over the album art pics???

the more I read about the limitations of audio 20, the more sian I become...:Cry:

Guest Leftfield

markcwq wrote:

Ya. I was surprised at the outcome too. Expected the album art to show when played through my iPod. Slightly disappointed with the Audio 20's limitation.

Well, look at it this way, one less thing to take your attention off the road. We are supposed to look at the road ahead of us! :becky:

• 2 months later...
Guest Cklasse
hi all i'm new here just got my c180 coup.. was playing around with the ipod and found out that there is no pause and play when playing the song from the comand... y is it so?

I do not have the command but I guess this might be the same. Pressing the center mute button at the right side of steering wheel will pause the song and song will resume when the mute button is press again.

Guest dsquared
hi all i'm new here just got my c180 coup.. was playing around with the ipod and found out that there is no pause and play when playing the song from the comand... y is it so?

I do not have the command but I guess this might be the same. Pressing the center mute button at the right side of steering wheel will pause the song and song will resume when the mute button is press again.

got to try it out tmr... thks for your help bro.. cheers