• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Hyundai i40 Wagon

Guest chershen

chershen wrote:

after reading this in the supplement today and seeing the youtube:

this is the car that will draw attention in 2012.

Impressed!!!! Should be able to draw BIG crowd!!!

Guest Cklasse

Hyundai has caught up with the Japanese cars. Nice looking car but I find the WoWo Estate (V60) is still a nicer car.

Not being bias, I believe it still doesn't have enough of the refinement and built quality. It will eventually loosen over the years and produce all sorts of noise.

The reason I did not go for the WoWo was the lack of confidence in the built quality when the car has been driven for many years. I sat in one friend's S60 (previous model to the current one) and felt that panels inside are loosening and giving squeaky sound.

Call me a batch whore. :becky:

Guest manmerlion

i40 will only be a crowd puller if the car really comes with all the features we saw in the Youtube clip. Our local AD is notorious for being stingy with features. Hopefully, with the super high COE, they will bring in all the bells and whistles. Only then will this car stand a chance against the Conti cars.

manmerlion wrote:

i40 will only be a crowd puller if the car really comes with all the features we saw in the Youtube clip. Our local AD is notorious for being stingy with features. Hopefully, with the super high COE, they will bring in all the bells and whistles. Only then will this car stand a chance against the Conti cars.

I did visited the showroom for the i45 2 years back. The interior material used was . Hope they improved it for i40

Wes23 wrote:

Nowadays Japanese car makers are cutting costs whereas Korean car makers are very generous. I think they want a big cut of the market share!

the Japs are in deep trouble as far as business concerned. Yen at all time highs (products priced too high) compared to korean won, business profitability dropping, quality seems to be slowly dropping i.e Toyota. competitors better products i.e samsung/LG vs sony (slowly dying a painful death)

Guest hkhamateur

manmerlion wrote:

Agreed fully. :becky:

At this rate they're aggressively improvg. :whistle:

In two years to cme, they'll top Jap makers. :fish:

Kamsum ha mi da! :hand:

hkhamateur wrote:

Agreed fully. :becky:

At this rate they're aggressively improvg. :whistle:

In two years to cme, they'll top Jap makers. :fish:

Kamsum ha mi da! :hand:

Yes I totally agreed. Korean girls are getting prettier too! :becky: