• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ipod connector does it eat up your car battery?

Guest vincemerz

Guest vincemerz

Guys,

i did a test.

i left my ipod nano in the car ipod connecter.

i notice that the ipod doesnt seem to off when connected. although the ipod say charging not supoorted but the logo on teh ipod shows a charging sign.

i sat in the car, lock the car. keys out. but the ipod still has the screen on showing text so not sure if it east up car battery...

any advise? sian to pluck in pluck out if it does thou...

Guest vincemerz

skid wrote:

got charging sign means its charging (drawing from car batt most likely).

why sian to plug in plug out? leave the ipod in the car but not connected?

If don't plug out then not in use is eating car battery not worth leh. It's like constantly on leh

vincemerz wrote:

If don't plug out then not in use is eating car battery not worth leh. It's like constantly on leh

leave the cable connected but disconnect the ipod. connect the ipod only when u need it

SK Koh wrote:

Bro do u need it to play YouTube? Or just for songs n charging?

Songs and charging lo. But I dun see a place to plug in leh. Cause mine is audio 20 not command leh...

Wes23 wrote:

Songs and charging lo. But I dun see a place to plug in leh. Cause mine is audio 20 not command leh...

Bro my is the audio 20 too. Had installed the cable and it is hidden left ONI the connector expose for use....

Can listern to songs n also for charging 💪💪💪💪💪

Yap ST wrote:

Bro my is the audio 20 too. Had installed the cable and it is hidden left ONI the connector expose for use....

Can listern to songs n also for charging 💪💪💪💪💪

Ok. Later you let me see... :)

Guest ricric_lo

Believe the iPod will be fully charged before your battery dry out as far as I know many of my customers just leave the iPod with either iPod cable or UCI without having battery dry out problem.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest kepiting1sg

silverarrow wrote:

Anyone here installed the Merc iPhone cradle? Where in the car is it actually installed?

Provided the car is pre-wired and it will be installed in the centre console box.

Guest silverarrow

How to tell if car is pre-wired? I am able to connect my iPhone to the Comand using the cable provided by Merc...just that there isn't a crable and I just shaft my iPhone into the armrest box. Not very elegant leh. :tsk:

kepiting1sg wrote:

Provided the car is pre-wired and it will be installed in the centre console box.

Guest ricric_lo

I don't think C&C will import the car with comfort phone (the cradle installed at the central arm rest) pre-wiring.

Thus, the comfort phone not only provide the charging function and being stowed at a better position but it will also provide the SMS reading/management functions on your Comand!

However, doing the retrofit for the comfort phone not too difficult except install the antenna on the roof as it's required to remove part of the celling lining. If your existing antenna doesn't have the connection for your mobile it gonna be quite troublesome to remove/install the antenna on the roof.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest kepiting1sg

silverarrow wrote:

How to tell if car is pre-wired? I am able to connect my iPhone to the Comand using the cable provided by Merc...just that there isn't a crable and I just shaft my iPhone into the armrest box. Not very elegant leh. :tsk:

U are connecting your iPhone to the Comand by cable for music and not for calls.

That's one of the 3 cables provided for the UCI.

The other 2 cables 1 for USB flash drive and the other for 3.5mm Aux.

U are connecting your iPhone to the Comand by BT for calls and not by cable.

If U want a "holder" to hold your iPhone when connected to the UCI for music, U might wanna consider this from Comand On-Line.

£13.80 before shipping!

ipod_cradle.jpg

or U might wanna upgrade your UCI to Media Interface Plus

It adds support for Bluetooth Audio Streaming & iPod Video playback.

This upgrade I believe Bro ricric_lo can easily do it for you!