• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Problem with washer tank and lock

Guest Horizon

Guest Horizon

Hi all,

Anyone encounter below 2 problem?

1) washer fluid topup: msg appear and I topup the tank but few days later msg appear again. Water tank check and found that existing water drop below sensor. Only use the washer water for clean a few time. Is it water tank crack or normal?

2) rear right door when lock, the locking sound like machine gun firing very abnormal. Anyone meet this problem before and how to rectify ?

Guest Cklasse

The door locking mechanism is an assembly of gears and motor, hence you get that nice movement of the door knob and silent operation. If your locking and unlocking works like firing a machine gun, it means that lock assembly unit is faulty.

You will need to send to the workshop for a replacement. It's part of wear and tear stuff.

As for the washer tank, it's likely a leak somewhere. Check all the areas where the pipe and hose are connected to the tank. Look closely.

Guest bossbthk

Cklasse wrote:

The door locking mechanism is an assembly of gears and motor, hence you get that nice movement of the door knob and silent operation. If your locking and unlocking works like firing a machine gun, it means that lock assembly unit is faulty.

You will need to send to the workshop for a replacement. It's part of wear and tear stuff.

As for the washer tank, it's likely a leak somewhere. Check all the areas where the pipe and hose are connected to the tank. Look closely.

had similar problem with the washer leak. mechanic found its the pump leaking or damaged due to wear and tear.. mine is a E-class ... pump located at the left front wheel arch ... dunno abt b class ... u might wanna check =D.

simple fix ..20 bucks should get the job & parts done =)

Guest Horizon

bossbthk wrote:

had similar problem with the washer leak. mechanic found its the pump leaking or damaged due to wear and tear.. mine is a E-class ... pump located at the left front wheel arch ... dunno abt b class ... u might wanna check =D.

Today sent in for checking and c&c told me water leak due to pump need to change, right rear door problem due to mechanism need to change as well. Total cost will 100 plus for pump and 800 plus for right rear door.

Told them I just got the car from republic 3 weeks ago and will these cover warranty , c&c said must check with the warranty insurance company. Damn sian if it's not cover.

Can I bring this up to their higher management ? As 33 points suppose to check, find and rectify by c&c.

Guest Cklasse

My personal encounter for my W203. The door lock mechanism defect cannot be detected and will just "fire machine gun" intermittently one day and operate nicely some day.

It doesn't cost $800 for the mechanism of the C-class, so the A-class should be even lesser. If there is no warranty claim for both items, I suggest you take the car to other workshop and save the other half of the money for a short holiday to KL.

bossbthk wrote:

Where to do? For $20 .?. Got the shop name?