• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New B Class - Squeaky sound from back wheels

Guest Unimog

Dear All,

I just bought a B160. I noticed that there is a very loud squeaky sound from the back wheels, each time when u get in and out of the car. this happens when ur handbrake is pulled up.

Is this a design defect? Anyone can help?

Si N Si say its the horseshoe cut against the drums. BUt I think otherwise.:bounce:

Guest blackmercs

Unimog wrote:

Dear All,

I just bought a B160. I noticed that there is a very loud squeaky sound from the back wheels, each time when u get in and out of the car. this happens when ur handbrake is pulled up.

Is this a design defect? Anyone can help?

Si N Si say its the horseshoe cut against the drums. BUt I think otherwise.:bounce:

Come to this Sunday gtg let us look into it.

Guest arshavin

hope 2013 B-class can remove this squeaky sound from back wheels.

i read from else where, that guy go to the standard of reducing the rims by one size to get rid of the noise.

But it unfair lor. The SE highlight this, if I had known I would buy a c class. Now my new car in hospital waiting to do up the sound. Sigh..... My colleague say why si n si sensor so good can sense one's weight by giving sound. Hahahah

Guest knighthunter

Unimog wrote:

But it unfair lor. The SE highlight this, if I had known I would buy a c class. Now my new car in hospital waiting to do up the sound. Sigh..... My colleague say why si n si sensor so good can sense one's weight by giving sound. Hahahah

Should go for C class directly, or you will follow my route going for C180k only after driving my B170 less than 3 years. Owning B170 is roller coaster ride for me.

Anyway when you park no need hand brake, since transmission is already in "P" it will solve the problem.

Yup I was told by si n si dun put handbrake. But it's dangerous lor. Anyway, my car only 1 month old. I love the B interior compared to the new B class. Some more options so many sure the price will go up. Speculations say new B class about $165k

Guest knighthunter

Unimog wrote:

Yup I was told by si n si dun put handbrake. But it's dangerous lor. Anyway, my car only 1 month old. I love the B interior compared to the new B class. Some more options so many sure the price will go up. Speculations say new B class about $165k

I believe FL B170 has 1 second auto hold function when starting at slope. What options do you order from CnC for your B160? Last time when I bought mine they don't even entertain me when I am asking for Harman Kardon option (I am willing to pay). At the end only SE give me after market reverse camera free to compliment 4 pts reverse sensor. I was though reverse camera it will be integrated to Audio 20 but it was not, CnC install small monitor near the rear view mirror.

Now I make sure the reverse camera will be integrated to my command online when I am ordering my C class.

I found this on the si n si website for b-class.

Driving dynamics

Comfortable and dynamic driving – the B-Class manages to deliver both thanks to the suspension, the exceptionally wide track and long wheelbase.

Thanks to shock absorbers with a selective damping system, the suspension also reacts smoothly to minor irregularities in the road, adapting the suspension as required. The parabolic axle makes the suspension more stable on bends, improves wheel location and reduces tyre wear. All of which ensures that the B-Class handles sportily and precisely – even with a full load.

The statement not true cos when with load mening with ppl, there are squeaky sound which they fail to mention. CON......

Guest knighthunter

Unimog wrote:

But why so layche and problem one. They sell a car worst then geekly and lorries

Nothing is perfect, if you don't like it maybe you need to change to other car :) in few months. I tell you this squeaky sound is nothing compared what I had experience before, I just life with with it and enjoy the car.

my B is coming to 2 years old and it has served me well. despite there are some issues with the car such as oven smell, weak aircon and squeaky suspension sound, the B is really a nice car to drive.

Guest whitewanderer

Unimog wrote:

Go si n si to do the squeaky sound

Hi bro,

Which workshop branch did you go to? I bought the B160 and went back to the Ubi centre to inform them of the squeaky sound. The service officer just told me that its the design of the car and they cant do anything about it.

I called my SE and he said the Alexandra one can loosen the brake tension but I havent go down yet.

Thanks for sharing.

• 1 month later...
Guest mvdennis

my 3.5 year old B200 dun have that squeaky noise ... but my previous Jag had that ... in fact, no matter how high you pull the handbrake, the car could still roll (for only a VERY short distance like 1-2 cm la)

:becky::becky::becky:

Don't think too much about the squeaky noise... it's really nothing and very common across all marques of cars

Guest mvdennis

knighthunter wrote:

Nothing is perfect, if you don't like it maybe you need to change to other car :) in few months. I tell you this squeaky sound is nothing compared what I had experience before, I just life with with it and enjoy the car.

woah ...what's your horror story with the B class?? :eek: