• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

PI Unit with Audio 50 APS and no original reverse cam = what should you do?

Guest vincemerz

Guest vincemerz

Hi,

For PI unit with Audio 50 APS, heard no way to download or put SG maps inside.

So as good as Audio 20 only.

So what should be done?

1. retrofit Command APS and load map? = cost?

2. Retrofit other GPS systems integrated in Audio 50 APS overide? pros and cons?

3. Do nothing in case spoil since need to plug out the screen or something?

Also for local installation of Reverse Cam using the centre screen as viewer what is the pros and cons of installation as well as cost? what brands?

any advise?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kueitutu

Bro, my ecab came with audio 50 too. I retrofit with the comand aps. No regrets!

vincemerz wrote:

Hi,

For PI unit with Audio 50 APS, heard no way to download or put SG maps inside.

So as good as Audio 20 only.

So what should be done?

2. Retrofit other GPS systems integrated in Audio 50 APS overide? pros and cons?

Also for local installation of Reverse Cam using the centre screen as viewer what is the pros and cons of installation as well as cost? what brands?

any advise?

Guest ricric_lo

Hi Bro,

Would like to give my humble advice here.

Audio 50 APS only provide Map for Europe, currently there is no S.E.A. Map available. Thus, it's a simplified navigation and simply just show the direction and voice notice to guide you to the destination. So, it's not possible to load the map.

**PM you for the cost of the retrofit**

Be honest, such retrofit for the aftermarket GPS will cost you around SG$1.3-1.5K but the navigation indeed not fully integrated with your ride. e.g. the navigation instruction not shown on the instrument cluster, when you browse the Audio/Radio/Telephone menu and you could not get the navi instruction from the display. In addition, such aftermarket parts could not create resell value to your ride but Comand does (but just a bit). In addition, you have got DVD Playback and hard disk for MP3 storage as well and all operation control via the rotate dial, no need to use another remote.

The aftermarket navigation can be connected via MultiMedia Interface (MMI) to get the video signal of the navigation on your Audio 50 display, such MMI works most of the time but fail sometimes when overheated (depends on which model you use).

Hopefully, above information helpful.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest chiaster

good advice, mate! :thumb:

ricric_lo wrote:

Hi Bro,

Would like to give my humble advice here.

Audio 50 APS only provide Map for Europe, currently there is no S.E.A. Map available. Thus, it's a simplified navigation and simply just show the direction and voice notice to guide you to the destination. So, it's not possible to load the map.

**PM you for the cost of the retrofit**

Be honest, such retrofit for the aftermarket GPS will cost you around SG$1.3-1.5K but the navigation indeed not fully integrated with your ride. e.g. the navigation instruction not shown on the instrument cluster, when you browse the Audio/Radio/Telephone menu and you could not get the navi instruction from the display. In addition, such aftermarket parts could not create resell value to your ride but Comand does (but just a bit). In addition, you have got DVD Playback and hard disk for MP3 storage as well and all operation control via the rotate dial, no need to use another remote.

The aftermarket navigation can be connected via MultiMedia Interface (MMI) to get the video signal of the navigation on your Audio 50 display, such MMI works most of the time but fail sometimes when overheated (depends on which model you use).

Hopefully, above information helpful.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest kepiting1sg

Cavell wrote:

Hi bro are you sure you want to retrofit a recon unit comand aps unit on your new ride ?? Wrong move ..... Man ....

I had put in an used COMAND in my M Class when it was 1 day old.

I had put in an used COMAND in my previous E250 CGI when it was 1 mth old.

Never came across my mind they were wrong moves & enjoying it each time I get into my car.:bounce:

Guest chiaster

personal experience speaks louder than speculation! :thumb:

kepiting1sg wrote:

I had put in an used COMAND in my M Class when it was 1 day old.

I had put in an used COMAND in my previous E250 CGI when it was 1 mth old.

Never came across my mind they were wrong moves & enjoying it each time I get into my car.:bounce: