• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Eibach and Bilstein = Performance2 for W204

Guest george

Guest hkhamateur

arshavin wrote:

I prefer items thy improve the FC.

It does help! :becky:

Lowered u ve, it'll min e undercarriage air flow fr areodynamic so every drops yr ride burnt wil get firmly intact w e ground. To conclude min power lose n fully utilize it. :whistle:

hkhamateur wrote:

It does help! :becky:

Lowered u ve, it'll min e undercarriage air flow fr areodynamic so every drops yr ride burnt wil get firmly intact w e ground. To conclude min power lose n fully utilize it. :whistle:

Means I lower Liao I get 5.5litre/100km? Woohoo! Tml

I go find racetech Liao!

Actually not as scary as you guys think. My Previous ride was a cvr! On 16inch ssr rims, lowered till zero fingers. Still ok leh. Moreover this time

I'm on 18 and still have a clearance of 2 fingers. So technically, 还是一个好汉!

arshavin wrote:

Skillful n careful driver u r.

no bro, no need to tackle humps in the fast and furious way. IF not gg for your undercarriage. Treat the hump with respect. and in return, they will respect you too! :whistle:

Guest hannson

Wes23 wrote:

Actually not as scary as you guys think. My Previous ride was a cvr! On 16inch ssr rims, lowered till zero fingers. Still ok leh. Moreover this time

I'm on 18 and still have a clearance of 2 fingers. So technically, 还是一个好汉!

er.. it's not the clearance between your rims and your car body... it's between the lowest part of your car ... and the ground LOL :)

Guest hkhamateur

hannson wrote:

er.. it's not the clearance between your rims and your car body... it's between the lowest part of your car ... and the ground LOL :)

Doc's correct! :becky:

Wes, u can hve 0 finger measurement bt if yr ride's SUV, bt the COG re high still. :whistle:

Look at those GT and BTCC performance cars, they'd calculated min. undercarriage clearance and cme w full alu undercarriage diffuser plate..full custom piece fr max. performance! V v ex... :shocked:

Scooby engine-block undercarriage alu plate by Cusco, Cosworth cost easily S$500-800 range n I had tat on my scooby! :tsk:

hkhamateur wrote:

Doc's correct! :becky:

Wes, u can hve 0 finger measurement bt if yr ride's SUV, bt the COG re high still. :whistle:

Look at those GT and BTCC performance cars, they'd calculated min. undercarriage clearance and cme w full alu undercarriage diffuser plate..full custom piece fr max. performance! V v ex... :shocked:

Scooby engine-block undercarriage alu plate by Cusco, Cosworth cost easily S$500-800 range n I had tat on my scooby! :tsk:

I thought our undercarriage is "hidden"?

Guest hannson

hkhamateur wrote:

Haha...Doc, u re a joker too. :bounce:

Ya...I aso eat "harmless" chak gua tui. :hungry: :biggrin:

kekeke.. years ago.. i went to this hawker stall.. and I said.. Uncle... Laksa Mai-Harm...

and then Uncle said... ok ok.. Harmless Laksa.. no problem! :)

LOL

Guest hannson

Wes23 wrote:

I thought our undercarriage is "hidden"?

lol.. don't take it too literally...

so it means... the lowest part of your car.. it could be your exhaust.. your front bumper.. front lip.. side skirt.. whatever...

But it's not the distance between your fender and the top of your tyre LOL :)

hannson wrote:

so it means... the lowest part of your car.. it could be your exhaust.. your front bumper.. front lip.. side skirt.. whatever...

That I know literally, what I meant is that I thought our undercarriage is hidden with some sort of protection? Unlike Japanese cars that are bare and naked...

hannson wrote:

It could be some 4pt struts or some anti roll bars too! :) Or underbrace??? Midpipe? Some cars midpipes are dangling in the mid air, like my previous ride....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Reviving this old thread that got me hooked while searching about coilovers.

As my AMG sports package shocks were showing signs of aging, it got me thinking about coilovers. I had tried KW V3 in my previous ride but I didn't like the repeat visits to workshop to fine tune the ride height & damping. To make matters worse.....the irritating 'tock' & spring squeaks can never be done away, It improved after some lubrication...but lasted only for a short while.

After some research, I decided to try Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit. Took them 3 weeks to deliver from Germany thru online order.

post-178-0-94199900-1402481217_thumb.jpg

post-178-0-22718300-1402481230_thumb.jpg

B12 is not a coilover, but a progressive spring suspension using Eibach Pro-Kit springs & Bilstein B8 shocks.

The perfectly mated suspension is awesome...ride is slightly harder than the stock AMG suspension kit by 30%. All small bumps & irregularities on the road are firmly but not harshly absorbed. Best of all....there's absolutely no noise from these springs & shocks. Overall, the car feels a lot more planted to the ground....improving not only cornering & high speed stability but also on quick acceleration.

The ride height is dropped to 1.5 finger all round...lightly slammed look. Looks sporty but not overly aggressive....

This ride height & damping has been perfectly engineered by Bilstein factory, no need for trial & error with a few visits to the WS for adjustments like in coilovers..This is a good alternative if you are looking to replace your aging shocks.

post-178-0-46750500-1402531666_thumb.jpg

post-178-0-17397800-1402531699_thumb.jpg

Your AMG sports package come with dynamic handling, yes /no ?

If so how you over come the auto stiffing of the shocks in sports mode?

Nope...mine is pre FL W204 which didn't come with Dynamic Handling for AMG sports package.

Nope...mine is pre FL W204 which didn't come with Dynamic Handling for AMG sports package.

Thanks bro. Mine has the dynamic handling but find it very bouncy when on sports, but handling and engine response....mmmm..heaven when using it on winding roads.

• Like 1