• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W212 Audio 20 LCD can play video?

Guest skunky

Guest ricric_lo

Hi Bro, Audio 20 at your W212 does not support MP4 Video playback. If you're not prepared to retrofit Comand, another way is to install a aftermarket Multi-Media Interface (MMI) to send the video signal from any playback device to the W212 Audio 20' LCD display.

Cheers, Ricky

Hi bro blackmercs,

thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, mine was the earlier batches, so no DVD capability. I do have that multimedia input cable thingy. Maybe if i can hook up a player with it, will try. Also noticed that the instruction manual is a 'assumed you have all function' booklet thus, not that helpful at all.

Thanks once again.

ricric_lo wrote:

Hi Bro, Audio 20 at your W212 does not support MP4 Video playback. If you're not prepared to retrofit Comand, another way is to install a aftermarket Multi-Media Interface (MMI) to send the video signal from any playback device to the W212 Audio 20' LCD display.

Cheers, Ricky

Hi Bro,

where can i get this aftermarket MMI? Does it void warranty?

Regards

Guest kepiting1sg

skunky wrote:

Hi Bro,

where can i get this aftermarket MMI? Does it void warranty?

Regards

Off course it will void warranty of your Audio20 sound system but not your car.

There are quite a few car audio shops doing this MMI in Singapore.

Beside plugging in a DVD player into the MMI, you can also at the same time plug in a reverse camera, digital TV and even a Garmin GVN53 GPS and have everything playing through your Audio 20 screen!

U might wanna read this about MMI:-

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=144847#post144847

Guest ricric_lo

In fact, though MMI is an economy solution, you cannot operate the DVD Player via buttons on the steering wheel, display in small size and still at low resolution, and we have got many cases that the owner come to us finally to retrofit the Comand.

We are offering Comand retrofit at an attractive price, PM me if you need a quote.

Cheers, Ricky

Thanks everyone for the reply. Real informative!!!

Bro Ricric, will do, will pm you if interested. Just trying to add some juice to that LCD besides having reverse video and Audio function.

Thanks once again!!

blackmercs wrote:

May I know who you are referring too? Ricky is giving good advise is there any misunderstanding?

Hey bro,

probably meant me since i'm the junior member here. Haha, doesnt matter la. I've been in many car forums before. The thing i like about this one is, there isnt much flaming or calling each other names. Probably due to the maturity of the generic crowd here.

I think keeping it that way is best.

Hope i dun offend anyone.

Regards

Guest blackmercs

skunky wrote:

Hey bro,

probably meant me since i'm the junior member here. Haha, doesnt matter la. I've been in many car forums before. The thing i like about this one is, there isnt much flaming or calling each other names. Probably due to the maturity of the generic crowd here.

Regards

No worries, here is mostly TCSS kakis.

"due to the maturity of the generic crowd here."??

Mercedes driven by older set?

so sad.

skunky wrote:

Hey bro,

Regards

Gromit wrote:

"due to the maturity of the generic crowd here."??

Mercedes driven by older set?

so sad.

Hey bro, that's not what I meant la, haha!! Can be young and matured but then again, can be old and young at heart oso, lol.

Cheers man!!

Guest chiaster

show up at our gatherings and see for yourselves!!! :becky:

La Kopi this Friday, 14th October

Month end get-together on 30th October, Sunday

Annual AMG on 26th November, Saturday

Check the Events section! :thumb:

Guest jhun_4040

skunky wrote:

Hey bro,

Regards

Is it ?? I like to call people names though !! hahaa !!!

But no worries, we all here like wat Blackmercs say is usually TCSS, always nv take this stuff to heart, juz for fun n laughter !

jhun_4040 wrote:

Is it ?? I like to call people names though !! hahaa !!!

But no worries, we all here like wat Blackmercs say is usually TCSS, always nv take this stuff to heart, juz for fun n laughter !

We don't mind ppl giving us names . Bro Jhun_4040 almost kanna from us everyday . Right Adam ? Beat him he also don't want to leave us . Don't know why ? Hehehe..... :becky:

Don't think too much ! Don't worry too much ! We don't know each other before we join this forum . Today we are good friends not only on this forum . We see each other almost every other day . We just had curry fish head for lunch today .

Those members out there still wondering are we a group of difficult bastards to get along with . Stop wondering ! Come join us once and you will know how friendly and easy going we are . Cheers !:Cry: