• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Command Unit - Alternaltive

Guest Barracuda

Guest Barracuda

Hi all,

I just had something similar to the command unit installed on my SLK.

Now I have touch screen GPS, bluetooth telephony, TV, DVD player, reverse camera plus some other features which I have not even use as yet (iPod connectivity etc). The unit is a direct replacement for the original Merc headunit.

Total cost plus installation set me back less than 2.5k....

If any members are interested, u can contact me and I will pass u the contact.

Cheers

Guest Barracuda

Hi all,

Sorry for the late response.... not always in the forum all the time.

I will try to take a pic and upload it here (if I know know). Else, forum members with What's App can PM me with the contact numbers and I can send pics via What's App.

And yes, I can control the unit from my sterring wheel controls.

However, not sure about voice control though... either dont have this capability or I dont know how to use it yet.

For the record, I am not that tech savvy...

I just approached someone that was recommended to me by an installer and this guy did everything for me...

So far, I have used the bluetooth telephony, watched dvd, tried the reverse camera, used the GPS and radio functions.

I have yet to use the Ipod connection as I do not have an ipod... and I do not have songs stored on my Iphone...

Unit also come with a slot for MMC... I guess if you store movies on the MMC, you can use that to play movies on the unit.

BTW, the monitor has touch screen capability as well.

Cheers

Guest Barracuda

blackmercs wrote:

I see is just another aftermarket unit with the add on modules. This nothing new so is not a direct replacement of Mercs command unit as per yr title.

Hi Blackmerc,

You are prob right... Like I said, I'm not the most tech savvy person.

It's merely an alternative to installing the command unit, at a much more affordable cost.

The factory unit will be replaced by this aftermarket unit.

Will try to take and upload pic once I get the chance.

You guys decide for yourselves if it's suitable for you...

Cheers

Guest Barracuda

blackmercs wrote:

I see is just another aftermarket unit with the add on modules. This nothing new so is not a direct replacement of Mercs command unit as per yr title.

U r probably right. As I said I am not so tech savvy to effectively describe the unit.

This unit directly replaces the Merc factory unit.

I have whatsapp a forumer pictures of the unit already.

I will try to upload these pics here once I figure out how to.

Cheers