• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W203 wind noise

Guest bryantan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

windows up or down?

when driving alone i prefer windows down.. im usually blasting my music so can't really hear the noise, but of course got wind coming into the windows.. when with company windows up, usually on classical music and going at 110km got not much wind noise.. above that den can hear the "fwap fwap fwap" wind noise..

yeah me too for my w203. only the driver side. nahda for all the rest.

Bryan: you shld push for resolution if it bothers you. The only thing is you probly need another W203 which doesnt have the noise to force them to change if they give you all sorts of excuse.

Guest bryantan

I get it travelling around 80 and above mph on the highways. I asked the mechanic a M*M and he said other C200s of the 2006 variety also had the same problems. Wanted to verify before going to ask for resolution.

I get it travelling around 80 and above mph on the highways. I asked the mechanic a M*M and he said other C200s of the 2006 variety also had the same problems. Wanted to verify before going to ask for resolution.

hmmm 80MPH is around 130km/h lei...

W204 also has wind noise above 110km/h. could be due to the big side mirror

more than 100km lor not that loud after all. the Jag X-type i have was est 3 time louder ieh.

hehehe...going at 220/230 km/h quite loud hah ??? i have the same disturbing noise in my previous W203 and now W204.

Guest SgLaKsa

does anyone with the C200 face wind noise coming in through the windows - my mechanics told me this is inherent in the car. Will Merc cover it (car is 1.5 years old).

my slk also has this problem, its the window at driver's side. i thought mercedes shouldn't have this kinda problem leh... have you found a solution to this yet?? :(

does anyone with the C200 face wind noise coming in through the windows - my mechanics told me this is inherent in the car. Will Merc cover it (car is 1.5 years old).

my slk also has this problem, its the window at driver's side. i thought mercedes shouldn't have this kinda problem leh... have you found a solution to this yet?? :(

very disappointing that our Merz has such primitive jap problems. thought my W204 was well insulated. but road noise at higher speed at some rougher road and wind noise spoiled the entire higher speed drive.

Guest SgLaKsa

phicho ]

my slk also has this problem, its the window at driver' wrote:

very disappointing that our Merz has such primitive jap problems. thought my W204 was well insulated. but road noise at higher speed at some rougher road and wind noise spoiled the entire higher speed drive.

bro phicho,

to be frank, i expected mercedes to be free of this kinda issues too. jus like you, i don't expect wind noise from my window as i've had this problem with my previous civic (and friends told me that i'm not driving a mercedes so don't expect to be free of such problems from jap cars, kekeke now i buy merc but... ... a bit disappointed lah but still love this brand).

i also expect mercedes to have good sound proofing from road noise, maybe only s-class and above :( cos mine has loud road noise on whatever the speed, maybe thats the way roadsters are... maybe :(

amidst all these little complains, still love this brand and its 3 pointed star lah ;D

• 1 year later...
Guest greenvibes

bro phicho,

to be frank, i expected mercedes to be free of this kinda issues too. jus like you, i don't expect wind noise from my window as i've had this problem with my previous civic (and friends told me that i'm not driving a mercedes so don't expect to be free of such problems from jap cars, kekeke now i buy merc but... ... a bit disappointed lah but still love this brand).

i also expect mercedes to have good sound proofing from road noise, maybe only s-class and above :( cos mine has loud road noise on whatever the speed, maybe thats the way roadsters are... maybe :(

amidst all these little complains, still love this brand and its 3 pointed star lah ;D

hi SgLakSa

It is interesting to hear the Merc has road noise, what ride / model / tyre are you on? I am looking for the C180 as my next most refined car after my vw jetta

Guest m1122

My previous ride W203 C200 definitely have wind noise @100kph. Now W024 C180 same issue but less noisy. Dunno true or not but met another W204 owner today and he told me the new wing mirror dun hv dis noise - he travels to Msia so he changed wing mirrors.