• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLS Tire advice!

Guest merc.y

Guest merc.y

Time to change my Tires, I am riding on 20" and this is my configeration.

Front: 245/45R20

Back: 285/35R20

Currently on Yoko Advance Sports..... Should I stick to the same or change to another Euro brand like Conti, since the CLS weights a lot???? Does Jap tires make a diff, on Benz?

Advice please!

Guest MercZai

Zack wrote:

I'm noob can't answer ur qns but for other brands

Conti- csc 5

Bridgestone- s001

Goodyear- f1 asymmetric 2

Michelin- pss/ps3

Pirelli-

Toyo-

All tt I can tink of..

waa, u know so much u still say ur a noob , like this i super noob liao :Cry:

btw im on euro conti brand tires, and i feel that its very comfortable + good grip on the road when im cornering fast compare to my previous yoko.

Guest subaru67

merc.y wrote:

Time to change my Tires, I am riding on 20" and this is my configeration.

Front: 245/45R20

Back: 285/35R20

Currently on Yoko Advance Sports..... Should I stick to the same or change to another Euro brand like Conti, since the CLS weights a lot???? Does Jap tires make a diff, on Benz?

Advice please!

u can try yoko s-drive.... jap tyres on conti cars make no diff even if u buy euro brands... Mic tyres made in thailand fyi hahaha unless yrs is those from europe.

but for 20inch size certain models dun make that size... but mostly bridgestone,conti,yoko all shld have:becky:

Guest Throttle

have used Pzeros, Pilotsports, contisport contact (currently) and eagle F1s

Pzeros, super grip and comfy for first 10000km after that noise starts coming.

by 15000km, i gave them up. expensive

Pilotsports, used on my BMW coupe, good grip, good wet performance, good allrounder but a bit expensive

contisport contact now using. good grip dry and wet noise alright, good allronder as well like the pilotsport.

EagleF1s, good grip dry and wet, noise acceptable even after 20000km

cheapest amongst the rest of the european german made radial high performance tyres.

my recommendation is goodyear eagle f1s for best value for money and performance.

Guest merc.y

Throttle wrote:

have used Pzeros, Pilotsports, contisport contact (currently) and eagle F1s

Pzeros, super grip and comfy for first 10000km after that noise starts coming.

by 15000km, i gave them up. expensive

Pilotsports, used on my BMW coupe, good grip, good wet performance, good allrounder but a bit expensive

contisport contact now using. good grip dry and wet noise alright, good allronder as well like the pilotsport.

EagleF1s, good grip dry and wet, noise acceptable even after 20000km

cheapest amongst the rest of the european german made radial high performance tyres.

my recommendation is goodyear eagle f1s for best value for money and performance.

WOW! Detailed! Very good! Thanks!

I am thinking of the New CSC5... I was quoted $600/pc front $700/pc rear.... this are agents stocks and not PI. Did not know tires also got PI???

Guest Skyggen957

I'm using 19" CSC 5 as well. Main characteristic is soft sidewalls giving pliant ride for super low profile tyres esp for your 20". The soft sidewalls also reduce tramlining effects, but the very stiff tread gives predictable handling and breaksaway gradually, making drifts and slides more easy to control.

Guest Skyggen957

BTW I got my tyres from Leong Seng and for the full staggered set of 19", i was charged about SGD2100. I don't have a habit of bargaining, so maybe you can do better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...