• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

BlueTooth Phone System

Guest JGoh

Guest kepiting1sg

Does anyone know of anyone who could install an aftermarket bluetooth telephone kit that could be incorporated into the car system rather than an add-on/external piece?

I am a bit outdated! ;D

Will something like this help?

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/22_Mercedes_Introduces_Telephone_Module_With_Bluetooth.html

http://www.bcdonline.com/Mercedes%20Benz/index.html

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/phones.html

Hi Kepiting1sg

Thanks so much for your suggestions. They're really helpful.

kepiting1sg ]

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Jun06/22_Mercedes_Introduces_Telephone_Module_With_Bluetooth.html

The SAP-profile bluetooth module featured on this webpage would not work for me as this requires an existing phone cradle. I did not order the phone system on my CLS because at that time it only came with a ' wrote:

. Besides, I thought I'd just continue with my bluetooth ear-piece while driving.

103881306c2638_11S.jpg

http://www.whnet.com/4x4/pdf/B67875855.pdf

This is a neat solution but does require that the car is equipped with the CP211 TeleAid module - a US based Emergency Assistance system. I'll have to check whether our SG destination CLS has this.

Finally, your suggestions launched a search which landed with the most probable solution: The EuroCarPhone Argos ECP/MOST Stage 2 for MB. It still is in testing stage, and I shall be tracking its availability.

Again, thanks so much for be helpful!

Cheers.

Finally, your suggestions launched a search which landed with the most probable solution: The EuroCarPhone Argos ECP/MOST Stage 2 for MB. It still is in testing stage, and I shall be tracking its availability.

Again, thanks so much for be helpful!

Cheers.[/color]

I think you can forget abt this too. The Argos has been vapourware for the longest time. They promised availability since Mar 07. Anyway I doubt you can install it as it requires your car to be phone prewired which it is unlikely.

Guest kepiting1sg

I think you can forget abt this too. The Argos has been vapourware for the longest time. They promised availability since Mar 07. Anyway I doubt you can install it as it requires your car to be phone prewired which it is unlikely.

Hi David,

Looks like it's back to square 1. :'(

Currently I am using my Garmin GPS as a phone buetooth car kit.

The garmin speaker is soft, so I plug in a mini speaker to it. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jenvid

Guys...

This is what im waiting for....a must have for all MB owners...

Check this out...its state of the art technology...enjoy...I am on their wait list too ...stilll awaiting for their delivery to me.

http://www.eurocarphone.com/

Cheers!

I suggest you get it from a local distributor.

The argos car phone plugs into the pre-existing wires for tele in Merc. From wat I know most SG Benz are not prewired.

go check MBworld.org for install pics & you will understand.

To check for the wires, they are located behind the rear seats in the car boot. Lift the boot upholstery cover & unscrew the cover. You shld see a bunch of wires if your car is prewired for telephony. this is for W203 & W211.

Suggest do homework properly because the argo is not cheap. I wish you a successful install.

• 2 months later...
Guest ultor

I believe Pin Leng has a two-part solution. The first is to connect to your mobile device using Parrot blue tooth device that is equipped with mic and link to car speakers (?) and the second is a module to wire the control to your steering wheel buttons. What is holding me back is that the display is not shown on the command or dash but rather on the little display that comes with Parrot. I am not into having many little displays dotting my dash... not for now at least.

• 1 year later...

kepiting1sg wrote:

Hi David,

Looks like it's back to square 1. :'(

Currently I am using my Garmin GPS as a phone buetooth car kit.

The garmin speaker is soft, so I plug in a mini speaker to it. :D

Hello Unker, dont mind showing me a picture of your current setup ? On that mini-speaker

Guest ehwwong

jinko wrote:

Hello Unker, dont mind showing me a picture of your current setup ? On that mini-speaker

i also got the garmin bluetooth option... the speaker not that bad lah.. still can hear.. unless you are like uncle.. 1/2 deaf..

muahahaha

Guest kepiting1sg

ehwwong wrote:

i also got the garmin bluetooth option... the speaker not that bad lah.. still can hear.. unless you are like uncle.. 1/2 deaf..

muahahaha

Unker really half deaf - not just becos of age but after >4 years in Pleasure Island standing next to blastin disco speakers.....U say lah...muahahaha!!

Ah Wong U cum to Pleasure Island, Unker bring U to Disco

& guarantee U lose at least 5kg a month...Ai Mai?...hehehe! :music:

That small little speaker I got it at 1 of the SITEX show....now in my ride in Pleasure Island. I will be away in HK for a week.

When I m back I will post some pics.

My current ride in SG has BT retrofit and has full display & steering controls. So no need any more speakers.

Maybe also wanna mothball my old Nuvi 670 and change to

a Garmin GNV 53 to play through my ride stock 7" TFT screen.:becky: