• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Retrofit with camber

Guest Cavell

Guest kepiting1sg

Cavell wrote:

Can someone share experience of retrofit with camber ??

He retrofitted Comand NTG 4my W212 E250CGI last Nov '10 - No problem till I sold the car 3 weeks ago.

2 weeks back he retrofitted Comand NTG 2.5 on my new ML300 - No problem face! :hand:

Guest blackknight

kepiting1sg wrote:

He retrofitted Comand NTG 4my W212 E250CGI last Nov '10 - No problem till I sold the car 3 weeks ago.

2 weeks back he retrofitted Comand NTG 2.5 on my new ML300 - No problem face! :hand:

unker, do u need to change the cd/dvd changer when you change from Audio 20 to Ngt2.5?

Guest kepiting1sg

blackknight wrote:

unker, do u need to change the cd/dvd changer when you change from Audio 20 to Ngt2.5?

U dun transfer anything out from the Audio 20!

Take out the whole damn Audio 20 & used it as door stop at home!

Not NGT Natural Gas hor.....lol:lol: is NTG 2.5.

It goes in swee swee after the Audio 20 is taken out.

It comes in single DVD or DVD changer!

IIRC The NTG 2.5 for my ride is diff from your R171 in terms of shape & maybe also map!

Guest jtang

Bro, save your money & get the single disc player as it's good enough. I downloaded all my songs into the hard disc of the comand unit & memory card, no need for discs anymore

Guest blackknight

jtang wrote:

Bro, save your money & get the single disc player as it's good enough. I downloaded all my songs into the hard disc of the comand unit & memory card, no need for discs anymore

Thank you Doc

Guest SL63AMG

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro, I also want to retrofit my ML350 which I got this year, will it void the warranty? Can show pic of Comand NTG 2.5?

Guest kepiting1sg

SL63AMG wrote:

Bro, I also want to retrofit my ML350 which I got this year, will it void the warranty? Can show pic of Comand NTG 2.5?

Hi Tony,

Probably will void the warranty of your sound system not your car!

I had my previous W212 retrofitted with COMAND NTG 4 and no Qs or comments from CnC when I sent in my car for servicing.

U might want to do an extra step which is to SCN code your retrofit.

Meaning to access MB server in Germany to the data base of your ride to update the data log of your ride to include upgrade to COMAND NTG 2.5

I fitted my COMAND NTG 2.5 less than 24 hrs after taking delivery of my ML.

It should look alike & functions exactly like the COMAND NTG 2.5 in your SL63 AMG. All buttons & layout, screen size, SD card slot exactly the same.

The outline of the shape will match your current ML Audio 20, so it will slot in exactly in place.

Maps loaded will be latest 2011 South East Asia Maps.

Pls take note the prices is for used set of COMAND NTG 2.5 with installation, coding the ECU to accept the COMAND, gps antennae, single or 6 DVD changer & option for video in motion VIM

If U want a new set which sells @ COMAND on-line for > GBP3000 before shipping.

NTG2.5-Multimedia-interface.jpg

Guest skoder

Drove my ride many times to rectify some small issues n no one breathes a word on warranty issue. Fixed my dampers, mirrors, knuckles and brushings with see n see, all the time with my glaring 7" comand staring at them.

And yes, camber did the reverse cam on my w204. Ill call that cam an upgrade. ^^

Guest kepiting1sg

SL63AMG wrote:

Thanks for the info and picture :smile:

Forgot to ask, can he help install reverse cam?

Yes! He usually get a workshop to wire up the reverse camera.

Or for my case since I cannot wait when I took delivery of my ML,

I got him to leave a Fakra A to RCA cable coming up from the Comand NTG 2.5.

That way, I get my regular workshop AutoSpritze to run the reverse camera from the back and plugged the video cable which was left by camber53

This end is a Fakra jack

fakra-1-3.jpg

The other end your usual rca video male jack or female plug!

My case was a female plug

AK-AV202.jpg

In case U need to know how long to do the Comand NTG 2.5 installation!

He needs about 1/2 hour to 45 mins for the installation, coding and loading in the new S.E.A maps.

If you want SCN coding - he will need a "certain time" of the day for him to connect your car to access the MB German server for the SCN coding.