• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Sticky Buttons on The Steering

Guest knighthunter

Guest knighthunter

All my steering mounted button become stick and on the verge of melting. Anyone tried to replace these buttons? Roughly what is the damage $$$? Very irritating like touching something gross every time I use the buttons.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest desmondtoo

knighthunter wrote:

All my steering mounted button become stick and on the verge of melting. Anyone tried to replace these buttons? Roughly what is the damage $$$? Very irritating like touching something gross every time I use the buttons.

Hi Knighthunter, sorry to learn about your 'sticky' situation. You might wanna call some of our Site sponsors for quotations and also compare the price from C&C.

Paiseh, my ride is still new, so can't comment on the issue here. But do agrees that the buttons area does felt different...guess I might be face with the same problem in future.

Don't mind I ask, if you park your ride under the Sun frequently(dun get me wrong, even so, the melting is not acceptable). Just wanna see if the rubber buttons are not Sun friendly...:becky:

Keep us posted ya...cheers!

Guest knighthunter

No problem I park my car at open area when I am in the office if at home I park on the basement. Last time I had issue with crumbling plastic and I managed to claim to C&C, I am not sure for this issue. I tried to clean the sticky parts today with WD40 but it really quite messy job, it has some layer that can be rub off (gooeey thing) while this layer gone the buttons marking still intact. I will try to claim it before my car warranty end March next year.

Guest blackknight

it is better to rub all off..the background will look as good as new..just dun know why the conti cars like to add rubberised stuff on these things.

I had mine rubbed off long time liao...:becky:

Guest desmondtoo

blackknight wrote:

it is better to rub all off..the background will look as good as new..just dun know why the conti cars like to add rubberised stuff on these things.

Muahahaha...What did you rub off long ago...???:pound:

But really sianz to see this rubber thingy turning into a sticky mess...:Cry:

Guest knighthunter

blackknight wrote:

I tried to rub off all but is tough job if the rubber not melt yet. Do you use any solvent to clean this coating? WD 40 not effective.

Guest blackknight

knighthunter wrote:

I tried to rub off all but is tough job if the rubber not melt yet. Do you use any solvent to clean this coating? WD 40 not effective.

Nail polish remover:kev:

Mine is still fine but the rubber parts are starting to peel instead. The point with most contact had been 'rubbed' down to the plastic already, no stickiness though, but a lot a lot of scratches! :Cry: