• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

newbie servicing question

Guest bryantan

Guest bryantan

Got my 9/2006 W203 second-hand and it is due for the 40k servicing - bought from C&C.

Called Merc service centre who quoted $1,500 as standard for servicing!

Need some help:

- is this reasonable?

- can I use outside servicing without voiding warranty?

- where do I find the warranty details?

- do merc come with free servicing for the first xkm?

Got my 9/2006 W203 second-hand and it is due for the 40k servicing - bought from C&C.

Need some help:

- is this reasonable?

welcome bryantan,

1) for my 04/2005 w203 c180, 40km servicing i believe i was quoted $2-3k by c&c and had to leave my car there for a couple of days. i decided it wasn't worth the trouble and brought it to a 3rd party workshop to get the servicing done for a fraction of the cost.

2) if the service workshop changes any parts, c&c will no longer allow it (just the part that was changed) to be under warranty. but if just change engine oil and all the usual filters, den all parts will be still under warranty except engine.

3) for warranty details u can call up c&c service centre and ask them.

4) merc no free service (from my own knowledge), unlike some other makes (eg nissan). only give u warranty for 30,000km or 3 years (something like that).

---------

just my 2 cents... :)

Guest skipper

Need some help:

- is this reasonable?

If you want the peace of mind and continue your servicing at C&C, you can save cost by:

1. Servicing every 15,000km instead of the recommended 10,000km. The lubrication (minor) service will be at 15,000km, 45,000km, 75,000km etc. Maintenance (major) service will be at 30,000km, 60,000km, 90,000km etc.

2. You can also save cost by purchasing the Star Care Maintenance Programme. But under the terms and conditions you have to service with C&C every 10,000km.

C&C's quotation is usually higher than the actual cost. FYI, the actual cost of my 30,000km servicing was S$1,200. 45,000km servicing was $482. Combined 60,000km and 75,000km servicing was $1,300 (under Starcare 1 year plan).

Guest bryantan

did you say that if the servicing centre uses oil, then the engine loses its warranty - quite serious.

also, has anyone managed to contact MBM Wheelpower these days? Keep calling but no answer

sillywilly ]

Need some help:

- is this reasonable?

welcome bryantan,

1) for my 04/2005 w203 c180, 40km servicing i believe i was quoted $2-3k by c&c and had to leave my car there for a couple of days. i decided it wasn' wrote:

except engine[/b].

3) for warranty details u can call up c&c service centre and ask them.

4) merc no free service (from my own knowledge), unlike some other makes (eg nissan). only give u warranty for 30,000km or 3 years (something like that).

---------

just my 2 cents... :)

• 3 months later...
Guest Spidy

Going for my 50k servicing. Few qn :

Is C & C using Mobil 1 Gold or just Mobil 1 engine oil?

If they don't do Mobil 1 Gold, can i bring my own ?

What is the cost of this 50k servicing ?

There is a msg saying brake wear, visit workshop. Does this mean a change of brake pad ? What's the damage ?

thx in advance for any info that u can share.

Guest angela

Going for my 50k servicing. Few qn :

Is C & C using Mobil 1 Gold or just Mobil 1 engine oil?

If they don't do Mobil 1 Gold, can i bring my own ?

What is the cost of this 50k servicing ?

There is a msg saying brake wear, visit workshop. Does this mean a change of brake pad ? What's the damage ?

thx in advance for any info that u can share.

sorry bro spidy :spiderman: i cannot answer all ur questions, but i have experience the brake wear sign, usually it means just change brake pads, but if u like me brake hard, u may have dmg the sensor and maybe the brake disc itself...

cost wise depends on where u do ur car... agent workshop eg c&c will cost more compared if u do outside eg mbm...

Guest Sareve

I believe you can specify the oil that you want the workshop to use for your car, my warranty ran out at around 32k though, and the servicing at C&C cost me 1.5k, I will never service my car there again as it's simply not worth it.

As for your brake pads, just ask the mechanic to check asap to be sure, I had the warning light yesterday too, I will be checking tomorrow at MBM. C&C always does a damn bad job changing my brake pads as they don't shave the brake pads, resulting in a damn irritating squeaking noise every time I brakek, my car sounded exactly like a bus braking. I complained about this repeatedly to them but they never fixed it, MBM changed my brake pads just fine though, my car no longer squeaks when I brake.

Guest Cklasse

Go get your brake pads check and replaced if the warning light comes on.

I had a failed brake warning sensor; meaning no warning even when pad is worn. This resulted in a scratched brake disc and I need to have it replaced.

The lesson to learn is check the brake pads periodically during service and never rely on the sensor.

Guest jenvid

Has anyone changed their timing belt (if there is a belt and not a chain) in their W203?

hehe... that was my 1st qn to the SA back in 2004 at the first svc.