• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

driving in Malaysia

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Hijacked this topic from My Car Forum.....think we should really drive in convoy for the Penang trip since we are moving in the dark.

----------------------------------------------

Thread from MCF;

point of posting this is for all to beware. Left for kl, 2 swifts at 12am. Went pass yongpeng, 100km away from kl, we were travelling at about 100-120 as we were early and didnt want to reach there not being able to check in.

4am. A malaysian honda city came on the right lane, passed me and when he was just about to pass my friend in front, swerved and hit him. The swift maintain his lane but i think the city got shocked and duno how to control hit another time. twice.

City Stopped, we stopped too. 3 drunkards came out and arguement started and they insisted on us swerving out. When so cleary i could see what happened from the back. After awhile, they wanted to go to the boot to take out weapons! after that one of the friends stopped them coz we were standing there waiting for them and didnt appear to be afraid. After which they demanded 2000 malaysia. The damange was as such :

Friend swift : rear fender, front fender, front rim rear rim.

City : front door rear door front headlight

Wanted to call the police but friend said was no use as they would be on the malaysian side, further more, they would prob not understand us and all the hassle wasnt worth going down. Most impt there were girls, 3 of them in the car and he didnt want to play with the malaysians. ( we had a few self defense tools in the car and that friend was quite a good fighter haha). In the end we said all we had was 1k so if they wanna settle now they take and we both sua. Else they can do whatever they want now. they took and left...

please dont tell me to wack them or what haha they were twice our sizes and there were girls in the cars we didnt want to risk, who knows what might happened... Hai.. dissapointed with the entire incident.

Take care bros in malaysia

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm which race huh??

i was also thinking when we convoy, we switch on our hazard lights and drive, esp @ night!!!

I once saw a convoy of 10 GOLF GTIs all driving at least 1 car length away from each other @ speeds of 140Km/h, all of them have their Hazard lights on when driving!!, and most others MY or SG car all gave way to them..

Guest Cklasse

I think it will be too glaring 8) to turn on hazard light in the dark.....anyway, it's attracting too much attention day or night. A convoy of Merc is enough to catch attention. With the hazard lights, it's like telling the mata to come book us for speeding.

if 1 group drive 115Km/h, - sure look like some VIP, sure they let go!!! heeeheee

if the other group drive 190-200Km/h - sure lagi better and some BIG VIPs sure they even won't touch!!!! maybe even help clear lanes!! :P :-X

hahahaha. joker lah u.

I just noticed the Golf were driving with 1 car length from each other. If we do that and the 1st Merc brakes, we are going to have the world's longest Mercedes-Benz limo. :o

my w203 brakes must stomp on them to activate... after driving the 523i for so long... now the w203 needs lead foot to drive. from my experience.. stock merc brakes are kinda.. erm.. slow to activate (not the correct phrase, cant think of the correct one) so if the first car brake... the rest will all be forewarned because the lead car "appears to be slowing down".

jkjk...

but on 2nd thought, mercedes metal is "near indestructible"... touch wood if first car emergency brake and got pile up, at most number plate dented a bit... come out and see see... oh.. just some scratches... cannot see from certain angles...

;D ;D ;D

Try transferring the right foot quickly from the gas to brake pedal hard and you will feel the brake pedal moving down itself. BAS does work.

later i collecting c180 to go low hei.. i test test your method (with no car behind me) of course...

but 2004 w203 have BAS?

willy, you bought a new 204 C180?

hahaha.. no la.. collecting from my mum to go low hei... cuz i never drive the w203 down before mah... go there bai swee swee then can take group picture...

first time i left foot brake in my old toyota corolla my mum who wasnt wearing seat belt got thrown forward and she nearly hit the dashboard. since then only my right foot has touched the brake in physical car. at home using my momo steering set my left foot controls the brake when i game..

in the 523i the german engineer decided to stick the brake pad next to accelerator, so my left foot can't reach.

for w203 c180, only time i used heel and toe was at scotts road that U turn on a slope...