• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Car Got Hit. Need Advise

Guest XXXCobraXXX

Guest XXXCobraXXX

Hi Guys, Need some help

My car jus got hit by taxi. No dent onli some scratches and paint drop. Never make police report as the 'uncle' offer to have the paint work done at his workshop at AMK and i relent after he tell me he damn 'cham', must work to put bread and butter on table. I am not very comfortable at using his workshop so thinking of going to another license workshop to do(Cos dunno wat monkey business they do with my car). Any workshop to recommend? My car no more warranty. First time kana accident so not very sure.

Thks

Yes, I also highly recommend Ronnie at Phua Spray Painting.

Explain the situation and he will find you the most 'balanced' solution - which is, have your car back to your satisfaction without having to 'ketok' the Ah Chek for payment. And, they do excellent job.

I know its the unlce paying. But he know he is in the wrong so i also pity him. Anyway thanks. I'll be calling the workshop tomolo. Thks guys

never believe what the taxi driver says!! When he knock on your ride, he will tell all his bullshit and pathetic story.

What if u knock on his ride? He will demand for loss of income, medical fee....etc.

Guest XXXCobraXXX

Hi all,

The SMRT taxi uncle did call me up to pay lah. But in partial. The spary painting cost around $280. The uncle pay me $150. So at least he some compensation lah. Thks all

Just curious, for this kind of "outside settlements"...

If the other party who hit your car chooses not to pay and run away in the end, are you able to do anything? Would it be too late to file a police report then?

???

That's why you should take down the vehicle plate number and if possible the person's name and IC. If you're able to take pictures, that's even better, then you'll have irrefutable proof that you got hit by another vehicle.

Guest SgLaKsa

Just curious, for this kind of "outside settlements"...

If the other party who hit your car chooses not to pay and run away in the end, are you able to do anything? Would it be too late to file a police report then?

???

never too late. but no need to make police report for accident without causing any injury. just make an insurance claim report with the other party's vehicle no. (better with driver's particular and photos of accident as proof to back up your side of the story).

Hi all,

The SMRT taxi uncle did call me up to pay lah. But in partial. The spary painting cost around $280. The uncle pay me $150. So at least he some compensation lah. Thks all

At least this taxi uncle is sincere. That $150 is roughly an average day's gross income for taxi drivers.

I had the unfortunate experience where the taxi driver turned around and made a police report falsely claiming that my car hit his taxi where in fact his taxi hit my car! Good thing I, too, had made a police report within 24 hrs, just in case. Of course, after that, the NTUC's (his was a NTUC Comfort taxi) insurance company started claiming from mine. Outraged, I firmly instructed my insurance company not to settle as: a) the taxi driver's report was FALSE, and B) my insurance premium will go up. I even instructed my insurance company that I want to contest the claim in court and will insist on a polygraph test on all parties concerned, if necessary.

Finally, my insurance settled on a 'no fault' basis, and my premium remained the same. Still, I was not satisfied in principle, but that's how the 'system' works...

Well, looks like I'm in the right forum!

Just kena from Comfort taxi this morning. This guy gave the wrong signal to turn left but go straight instead to hit my right fender.

Want to settle with me outside without claiming but refuse to pay partial for my repair cost.

Even try to claim $80 from me as loss of income for today. These are just bullshit.

I strongly recommend not to give in to such ill bred driver!

That aside, any reliable workshop I can go to get good workmanship and hammer back my fender?

Guest millionmilebenz

Sorry to hear about the mishaps that have befallen on our fellow Merc members...

I had the unfortunate experience where the taxi driver turned around and made a police report falsely claiming that my car hit his taxi where in fact his taxi hit my car!.....

Finally, my insurance settled on a 'no fault' basis, and my premium remained the same. Still, I was not satisfied in principle, but that's how the 'system' works...

Joshua, I completely sympathize with you. When I was living in the states, I once bumped into a car driven by a Vietnamese guy in a parking lot. There was zero damage, but nonetheless we exchanged phone numbers. 2 days later I got a call from a Vietnamese lawyer demanding a 4-figure compensation for medical fees!! WTF?! I angrily slammed down the phone. He kept pestering me for days, and I finally referred him to my insurance as I was sure it would be turned down as fraud. But to my chagrin and anger, the insurance company settled!! I learned my lesson - at the end of the day, the insurance company can always get back the money from us, so why would they bother doing an investigation and fighting the case at their own expense?

It's the biggest scam in the world...

Guest millionmilebenz

Tamjiak, welcome to the club!

Want to settle with me outside without claiming but refuse to pay partial for my repair cost.

Even try to claim $80 from me as loss of income for today. These are just bullshit.

I strongly recommend not to give in to such ill bred driver!

Absolutely! That's the spirit!!

For a reliable bodyshop please read earlier posts in this thread for contact details of Phua Spray Painting. Other shops for dents and light repairs can be found at http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=877.0

Guest XXXCobraXXX

Hi Tamjiak,

Did you take photos? It sure helps and if you are threathen by them, tell him you will be talking to Comfort instead. They are damn scared of their company as they have a No-Accident bonus at the end of the year and also a No-complaint bonus.

I am able to take back some money is also due to the fact that I have photos with me.

Lastly, dun give them namecards. Exchange numbers can already.

Hi Cobra,

I took pictures of the Taxi. Only Left signal lamp cover damaged. He told me he will claim bumper bracket etc.

Can you advise more about this No accident and No complain bonus thing of Comfort driver?

In what way can I neg with Comfort?

TIA!!!

As i know, the NO CLAIM BONUS(cabbie) meaning if they win the accident claim,meaning they are not at fault, they are still entitle to it, that's why they sure to go all out the fight till they are right.Let your insurance do the rest, dont worry,even on the NCD, you can opt not to deduct NCD by neg to bear max 50% of the claim.

Guest XXXCobraXXX

Hi,

From wat u describe, look at the direction arrow on the road. if its a left arrow and he go straight, tell him go fly kite. This case, i go police station, make a report. Take that report to comfort to see any customer service officer and tell them whole story. But I will call that uncle first to see if he show any remorse lah.

If its a straight and left turn, then 50%-50%. Can say your side of story.

Cabbies have incentives for not getting into accidents by having a one time bonus or waiver of daily rentals.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest B4Benz

bro, sorry to hear that.

Try this:

Phua Spray Painting

They are located at 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A, #04-17 AMK Autopoint. Give the boss, Ronnie, a call at 6481 5550 to check their schedule before going down as they are normally very busy.

Hi guys,

scratched my cl203 left front bumper while going down a circular ramp to the carparks.....daydreaming.....now there's a 5cm white ulcer on my black paintwork and multiple scratch marks!

just wondering for the respray do they remove the entire bumper first? any problems with colour matching original paint?

Guest XXXCobraXXX

They dun remove the bumper unless the 'clips' are being push in. Happen to mine but there was no removal of any parts. Any decent workshop will not have any mismatch.