• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W126's rims

Guest angela

Hi Millionmilebenz,

thank you for the information and the welcome!

Initially I was looking for the original 15 inch, 15 holes wheels as I would like to keep the car as original as possible. However I cannot find them, maybe you know somebody who would like to sell them?

Nice to hear that there is another W126 in the forum as they seem to be quite rare nowadays in SG.

Greetings from one W126 guy to another,

Bernie

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi Millionmilebenz,

thank you for the information and the welcome!

Initially I was looking for the original 15 inch, 15 holes wheels as I would like to keep the car as original as possible. However I cannot find them, maybe you know somebody who would like to sell them?

Nice to hear that there is another W126 in the forum as they seem to be quite rare nowadays in SG.

Greetings from one W126 guy to another,

Bernie

Hi Bernie! Really glad to have another W126 fan here!

When I first got my W126 I also went looking for the original 15-holer wheels. I tried Propel (the scrap yard) as well as a few other rim shops that have old rims but no luck in finding a complete set, don't even talk about finding one in good shape! Now, the 17" AMG rims have grown on me, but I'm still looking for a good back-up set. It's hard to find rims that not only fit our ride but also look "right" with it... :(

As Lyebin suggested, perhaps you can try asking a tire shop if offset of 42 can fit?

Bernie, please do try to come to one of our meet-ups! It'll be really cool to have another W126's there!! ;D

Hi Guys,

thank you for all your replies.Dificult to source the original wheels, but I will try next week. If no success, I will ask whether the 16 inch wheels lylebin is offering are fitting.

Which scrapyards would you recommend?

Millionmilebenz- thanks for the invitation to the mee, I will come to the next. Looking forward meeting you all. Where did you see the wheels in the average condition? Maybe they can be refurbished?

all the best Bernie

• 9 months later...