• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

New With Loads of Questions for C180 W204

Guest angela

Dear fellas,

I am relatively new here and just collected my ride last weekend. This forum has been a wonderful source for me in familiarizing myself with the 204. Big Thanks to all of you.

I have some queries and hope some senior enthusiast here can help me.

1. I want to change my headlight to HID, can I just change the bulbs, or do I need to change the whole assembly? I read here a senior member ( CBlack) changed only the bulbs. Is there any difference between changing the whole assembly and just the bulbs (other than the cost of course)?

2. I share the same sentiment with many of you that the exhaust is quite ugly and throws the whole look of the rear-side off. By changing the exhaust, will I void my warranty?

3. Is there any way I can chang ethe front bumper to AMG one without changing anything else? How much would that set me? And once again, will that void my warranty?

Apologies for sounding so dumb, I am really not familiar with these stuff, cos previously I just buy a car and drive it...until I encountered this poisonous place called sgmerc!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Dear fellas,

I am relatively new here and just collected my ride last weekend. This forum has been a wonderful source for me in familiarizing myself with the 204. Big Thanks to all of you.

I have some queries and hope some senior enthusiast here can help me.

1. I want to change my headlight to HID, can I just change the bulbs, or do I need to change the whole assembly? I read here a senior member ( CBlack) changed only the bulbs. Is there any difference between changing the whole assembly and just the bulbs (other than the cost of course)?

2. I share the same sentiment with many of you that the exhaust is quite ugly and throws the whole look of the rear-side off. By changing the exhaust, will I void my warranty?

3. Is there any way I can chang ethe front bumper to AMG one without changing anything else? How much would that set me? And once again, will that void my warranty?

Apologies for sounding so dumb, I am really not familiar with these stuff, cos previously I just buy a car and drive it...until I encountered this poisonous place called sgmerc!!!

hi, first of all welcome to the club. in respond to your queries, please see below :

1. i don't know the difference maybe bro who have change the whole asssembly can advise.

2. performance mod may (i use may cos i don't know) void warranty. as long as the car has no problem then it's ok.

3. you can check with MBM for the AMG front bumper. this mod should not void warranty unless it affects your parktronic.

Hi,

For HID, need to change the whole assembly as the bulb and ballast used is different. Just changing the bulb to Phillips H7 Daimond Vision will only throw out white light with a blueish tint whereas HID will throw out an even whiter light.

There is a guy, nick BlackGod in other car forums doing HID conversion. I did it with him with my current ride. Quite a nice guy.

Anyway, I have just booked the C180 with Bi-Xenon Lights and Keyless Go today. Looking forward to collect my ride in April or May.

;D

wow. thanks for all the responses. I think I will just go change the bulb to the Diamond thingy by Philips.

Thanks CBlack for the advise on the front bumper, I will go check it out.

Btw. has anyone tried simply adding the lower lip for the front bumper? This is supposed to be a standard accessory that the dealer should have, but I don't think C&C has it.

I am enjoying my ride very much, but it seems that the FC is far from what is claimed, I hope it's just due to the running-in period or my heavy city driving, anyone care to comment on the FC of this car? I used to drive a heavy 2.0l station wagon with very bad FC ( 8km/litre), and I thought downgrading to this little 1.8litre creature will help with FC.

Guest kepiting1sg

wow. thanks for all the responses. I think I will just go change the bulb to the Diamond thingy by Philips.

Btw. has anyone tried simply adding the lower lip for the front bumper? This is supposed to be a standard accessory that the dealer should have, but I don't think C&C has it.

I am enjoying my ride very much, but it seems that the FC is far from what is claimed, I hope it's just due to the running-in period or my heavy city driving, anyone care to comment on the FC of this car? I used to drive a heavy 2.0l station wagon with very bad FC ( 8km/litre), and I thought downgrading to this little 1.8litre creature will help with FC.

1. Front Lip - lookup at the tuners sites (Lorinser, Carlsson, Wald). Most of them has a front lip to add to your bumper.

2. FC - My W203 FC for the last 10,000 km averaging 8.3L/100km or 12km/litre.

This include city, highway driving & once a while burn carbon type of driving, waiting, traffic jam, looking for car park lot.

Your W204 should be doing much better than mine unless U have a lead foot or drives like U are as if @ Sepang. ;D

kepiting1sg ]

Btw. has anyone tried simply adding the lower lip for the front bumper? This is supposed to be a standard accessory that the dealer should have, but I don' wrote:

1. Front Lip - lookup at the tuners sites (Lorinser, Carlsson, Wald). Most of them has a front lip to add to your bumper.

2. FC - My W203 FC for the last 10,000 km averaging 8.3L/100km or 12km/litre.

This include city, highway driving & once a while burn carbon type of driving, waiting, traffic jam, looking for car park lot.

Your W204 should be doing much better than mine unless U have a lead foot or drives like U are as if @ Sepang. ;D

Thanks for the tip on front lip.

Hmm...I do think the 204 should have slightly better FC than the 203, but not in my case. I will be delighted if my 204 can do anything from 10-12 km/litre. And btw., I am the type of left lane driver (never exceeded speed limit on any given road) who can be honked at by old men riding Honda Cubs (sometimes even cyclists) for road hogging, not sure if this has anything to do with my FC.

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks for the tip on front lip.

Hmm...I do think the 204 should have slightly better FC than the 203, but not in my case. I will be delighted if my 204 can do anything from 10-12 km/litre. And btw., I am the type of left lane driver (never exceeded speed limit on any given road) who can be honked at by old men riding Honda Cubs (sometimes even cyclists) for road hogging, not sure if this has anything to do with my FC.

Sama sama!

After I de-mod my W203,

I m seldom in Lane 1 on the X-way and I don't hog the road too.

I m always fighting for space in Lane 2 with the mini vans. ;D

At times I am on the extreme left lane too.

So far so good! Touch wood! :P

Ah Pek here has driven for the last 37 years

and the last 20 years of driving not kenna points yet!

No parking summons too but kenna no cash card in IU 2 times. Lau Hu Tu!!! :-[ :-[ :-[

Insurance for my W203 is only slightly more than S$500 a year.....hehehe!!! ;D ;D ;D