• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK200 R171 roof

Guest osprey

Guest osprey

Hi,

Having some trouble opening the roof recently. Sometimes, the roof opens half way (means only the boot opens, roof stays in place), sometimes its ok. What can be the reason?

- weak/faulty motor?

- weak battery?

- faulty roof!!

I really hope i dont have to replace the mechanism.........

thanx!!!!!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DarkAv

osprey wrote:

Hi,

Having some trouble opening the roof recently. Sometimes, the roof opens half way (means only the boot opens, roof stays in place), sometimes its ok. What can be the reason?

- weak/faulty motor?

- weak battery?

- faulty roof!!

I really hope i dont have to replace the mechanism.........

thanx!!!!!

Hello Osprey,

We had encounter a few of our customers who faced this problem too.

And the issue it could be of either electronic or mechanical-related.

Normally, we will conduct go with the electronic first - scanning through your ECU to see if there are any fault codes. Generally it can be settled if the problem is elecronic-related. However, if there isn't any - we will proceed on to the mechanical troubleshooting which will longer time.

Why don't you continue to monitor for the time being (hopefully it doesn't get worst) and buzz me via PM or to my email ([email protected]) if you need our help.

Rgds,

Michael

Guest osprey

thanx for your reply. will monitor and if it does not improve, will email and make appointment to let you have a look.

I suspect it is the safety latch holding the rear parcel rack.

• 1 year later...