• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My erp iu is on the fritz

Guest mr w124

Guest mr w124

Hi guys. yet another weird prob with my 124. was exiting mount alvernia hosp today after my baby's doc appt. after the parking fee was deducted, 3 seconds later the iu starts beeping 'ERR'. kept trying the card but same prob. tried my friends card later still no use. n my cash card works in his car so it must be the iu. definitely no warranty for this. any one here had this prob? how to rectify. i hope it doesnt cost too much. just spent like 700 on my new radiator and electrical fan this month. pocket very light now.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys. yet another weird prob with my 124. was exiting mount alvernia hosp today after my baby's doc appt. after the parking fee was deducted, 3 seconds later the iu starts beeping 'ERR'. kept trying the card but same prob. tried my friends card later still no use. n my cash card works in his car so it must be the iu. definitely no warranty for this. any one here had this prob? how to rectify. i hope it doesnt cost too much. just spent like 700 on my new radiator and electrical fan this month. pocket very light now.

hi bro,

its the IU tat is giving u the problem. send it to LTA. they will either repair it or replace a new one. don't need to pay.

it happened to me too. happened to pass through the gantry but no deduction was made. actually tot the gantry was faulty. lol. after doing that a few times, got a registered letter from LTA instructing (kind of like force/demand) me to proceed to LTA for a check on my IU & the cashcard tat was in my IU. once there, they did a whole bunch of test including testing the cashcard. in the end, replaced the whole IU. i didnt pay a thing but wasted my time. cant remember if i was asked to pay for the ERP charges tat was not being deducted. if they ask, i will definitely tell them off, "IT WAS NOT MY FAULT THAT THE IU WAS FAULTY & U MADE ME COME ALL THE WAY HERE. SO WHO IS GOING TO PAY FOR MY PETROL, OPPORTUNITY COST FROM MY WORK"...etc etc. sure can siam. BUT PLEASE DO NOT QUOTE ME HOR. hehehe.

hope tis help.

cheers

sy

Ya is free, no charge. Better get it change before you get a fine from passing thru ERP gantry, actually i think they recycle the iu ,maybe after the car scrap,they will dismantle it and fix it in other ne----------------7d82032f302a0

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="num_replies"