• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

B170 Accelerator Pedal Question

Guest detach8

Guest detach8

Hello bros. My dad has a 2008 B170 with an odd throttle/gas pedal behavior:

There's no kickdown 'click' like my other vehicles and the accelerator pedal travel seems restricted.

When you push the pedal to the floor, the mechsnism of the pedal seems to hit a plastic cover under the underside of the steering column.

The floor mat is not in the way of the pedal.

GasPedal.jpg

Try this:

With the engine off, look at the gas pedal and push it with your hands all the way down. Do you see the piece of plastic covering the underside of the steering column (red) being nudged? It seems something (blue) is hitting it. I have not taken it apart yet with the fear I might break something.

I posted this in BenzWorld forums also, and they gave this pic of the US version (LHD) of the pedal. It looks like this is the arm that's hitting the plastic cover:

B170-WhatsThis.jpg

But the US version dosen't have this problem. The thread here:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w245-b-class/1586654-2008-b170-throttle-gas-pedal-kickdown-2.html

Any bro here can confirm the SG version is hitting a plastic cover? I sent to C&C and they tell me "it's normal".

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Teva

I don't have this issue with my B class. Perhaps you can bring it back to C&C or an authorised workshop.

I have a very friendly workshop which solved a lot of my issues. Can recommend you if needed.

Sorry if this doesn't help. :becky:

Guest knighthunter

It's normal, this is kick down point for the accelerator. It described in the manual.

Once it click the engine will straight away rev up to 5500 RPM and CVT will work overtime.

Sorry didn't read carefully so given wrong answer before, but if you can feel the click during kick down that mean there is some restriction there.