• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Identify My Headunit

Guest jonathan.vendi

Guest jonathan.vendi

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum so need so advice for u bros. Im currently driving a 2010 R171 Slk 200. After doing some research, im still unable to confirm is my a Audio 20.

slk2002.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It comes with Bluetooh Phone and CDC

Guest blackmercs

jonathan.vendi wrote:

Hi guys,

Im new to this forum so need so advice for u bros. Im currently driving a 2010 R171 Slk 200. After doing some research, im still unable to confirm is my a Audio 20.

slk2002.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It comes with Bluetooh Phone and CDC

No manual for yr ride?

Guest kepiting1sg

IMHO,

If your HU do not have the "NAV" button - likely is an Audio 20.

Maybe U can send me a higher resolution pic to

[email protected]

Your ride from AD or PI?

Another way to confirm is send your VIN aka chassis number to Bro camber53.

He will able to tell U what options came with your ride!

If yours look like this - then it's an Audio 20 HU without Navigation with a tone button next to the Tel button.

audio-20-715_230.jpg

If yours look like this, then it's also an Audio 20 system but with Navigation and a SD Card slot on top on the slot for loading your CD.

It has a Nav button instead of tone button next to the Tel button

slk-class_r171_overview_comfort_0003_715x230_12-2009.jpg

If yours look like this, then it's the Command NTG 2.5 for the SLK - look at the bigger 6.5" screen and the differences in the buttons layout

39_0.jpg

The Command NTG 2.5 for W211 & CLS looks different than the SLK.

86da_12.JPG

Guest kepiting1sg

jonathan.vendi wrote:

Hey kepiting1sg, thanks for the info. Mine is the first picture that u posted. Any solution for that for iPod?

Yes! Look for Bro camber53.

His name is Gregeory. He's 1 of our "Others" site sponsor.

Read here:-

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18976

He can instal original Mercedes iPod/iPhone or better if your ride can instal UCI aka Universal Consumer Interface.

With UCI - you will have choices of iPod/iPhone, USB Audio & Aux In.

Whether iPod/iPhone or UCI - U will have controls from your steering and information will be present in your instrument cluster.

read here from SLKWorld.com for UCI

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/5948-mercedes-uci-universal-consumer-interface.html

If U want to "have everything" i.e including DVD, Mercedes Navigation, etc

Then U might wanna upgrade your HU to Command NTG 2.5

If U wanna do that - pm Bro ricric_lo

He's from Hong Kong but make trips here frequently

Hope this helps!

Guest kepiting1sg

jonathan.vendi wrote:

My car comes with the media interface port,

3847642778_1b4f5f1ca5.jpg

Can i use these cable to hook up iPod. and if can then can control from steering?

MI-CBL-325.jpg

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Media-Interface-Cable-Set-A-B-C-CLS-E-GLK-SL-SLK.html

Yes! U have solved your own problem! :lol:

Looks like your car came with the UCI option.

I am happy for you!

U can use those cables and should work for your iPod/iPhone with charging & controls on your HU, Steering & information on your instrument cluster.

If you do not have the cables which I doubt I do have an extra iPod/iPhone & an USB cable for sale.

Guest kepiting1sg

If U do not need the AUX cable, I can sell U the usb cable + iPod/iPhone cable for half that price!

Or U may wanna buy the complete set on line for £48.51(without VAT) + £10.80 for shipping.

That's in total £59.31 or about S$120 nett shipped to your house.

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Media-Interface-Cable-Set-A-B-C-CLS-E-GLK-SL-SLK.html