• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Ticking sound from car

Guest angela

Hey guys,my w168 is encountering weird ticking sounds coming from the front air con vents located beneath the windscreen. I don't usually turn on the vents and it occurs when the car is travelling up slopes or down slopes,and not on even roads. Does anyone know whats going on?

Seems that all Mercs have some common sound coming from somewhere behind the dash.

Whrrring, ticking, ..... ???

my w203 going to 4 years liao no sounds from the bonnet ley...

Maybe it's a time bomb :P

could it be a cockroach got stuck in the aircon vent... den now decide to commit suicide? by creating bomb?

aclassboy, joking aside.. did some googling.. found out that it seems to be this "stepper motor" problem. im guessing your w168 should be over warranty liao?

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c-class/1343461-center-console-tick-aircon.html

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w203-c32-amg-c55-amg/1319665-noise-startup.html