• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tinted Window

Guest angela

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tlow728

Think the government should increase it to $10,000 and 3 years jail for those illegal window tiniting. I find it irritating whenever a car with illegal tiniting gets onto my right as I try to exit a filter lane turning left onto a main road. You can't see a thing through his windows!!! >:( >:(

The same should apply to those who put up sunshades on every sides except the front windscreen.

Guest angela

Think the government should increase it to $10,000 and 3 years jail for those illegal window tiniting. I find it irritating whenever a car with illegal tiniting gets onto my right as I try to exit a filter lane turning left onto a main road. You can't see a thing through his windows!!! >:( >:(

The same should apply to those who put up sunshades on every sides except the front windscreen.

Don't mind me asking. What would u want to see through his window? Ah Gua ah... hehe

Cheers...

Guest tlow728

marky ]

Think the government should increase it to $10,000 and 3 years jail for those illegal window tiniting. I find it irritating whenever a car with illegal tiniting gets onto my right as I try to exit a filter lane turning left onto a main road. You can' wrote:

No lah, approaching vehicles and pretty gals....

Don't mind me asking. What would u want to see through his window? Ah Gua ah... hehe

Cheers...

Guest tlow728

Yes, hate those entirely "black out" ones. Although it's irritating to follow MPVs or SUVs, but roads and expressway are not entirely straight so you can still manage to see what's in front of them. However, if you are turning left into a main road and one of these entirely "balck out' ones comes on your right and takes forever to get onto the main road, there's no difference between it and a brick wall!!

Guest angela

Bro tlow728,

No offence ya. I liked to know why is blackout windows a hazard for drivers? From what i know this is made illegal so that when the police are on alert to hunt a wanted person it can be done easier. Every roadblock, beside hunting for drunk drivers the police is also out to hunt for wanted person. Thats y they used a torch to see whos inside the car. Not because they want to see chio bu. Sometimes they also want to see chio bu. hur... Frankly speaking, i cant find any reason y blackout windows can impose danger or as a safety hazard to others that are driving.

States, germans, japs (largest car makers) these countries did not make blackout windows an illegal thing. Y?

What you say about the MPVs or SUVs is true. Road isnt straight all the time.

I have another point of view. Y must one follow another car so close. Have we all forgotten the 2 secs rule gap between each car? Are we doing it? I doubt so. So y we complaining that the car infront is blocking our vision ahead. Trust me, if one follow the 2 secs rule gap one can see many many things ahead. Hur...

Just speaking from my mind.

No offence intended.

Cheers all....

Guest tlow728

Bro tlow728,

No offence ya. I liked to know why is blackout windows a hazard for drivers? From what i know this is made illegal so that when the police are on alert to hunt a wanted person it can be done easier. Every roadblock, beside hunting for drunk drivers the police is also out to hunt for wanted person. Thats y they used a torch to see whos inside the car. Not because they want to see chio bu. Sometimes they also want to see chio bu. hur... Frankly speaking, i cant find any reason y blackout windows can impose danger or as a safety hazard to others that are driving.

States, germans, japs (largest car makers) these countries did not make blackout windows an illegal thing. Y?

What you say about the MPVs or SUVs is true. Road isnt straight all the time.

I have another point of view. Y must one follow another car so close. Have we all forgotten the 2 secs rule gap between each car? Are we doing it? I doubt so. So y we complaining that the car infront is blocking our vision ahead. Trust me, if one follow the 2 secs rule gap one can see many many things ahead. Hur...

Just speaking from my mind.

No offence intended.

Cheers all....

If you were to read my previous posts carefully, I did not say following behind or tailgating which I would never do. It's those cars with tinted windows who gets onto your right when you are making a left turn and vice versa. Hope you get my point!! Blackout windows definitely will pose certain danger to road users as visibility should not be obstructed under any circumstances. The governments of other countries did not openly allow tiniting but it doesn't mean it is not illegal if they are not doing anything. The countries you have just mentioned are simply too large to imposed strict laws both for practical and political reasons. If tinted windows are legal or it would definitely not endanger anybody, luxury car makers would have included it in the package. I can understand the heat problem here which all would like to minimise with windows tiniting but please do not overdo it.

Just another point. Most Singaporean drivers are just driving 2 cars ahead, i.e. they concentrate only on the 2 cars infront of them. Rather if one were to drive on the autobahn regularly, he/she will appreciate that all highway driving requries one to drive at least 5 to 10 cars ahead. That is the reason why we always see chain collision invovling 6-7 cars. The 2 secs rule will not neccesary allow you to see that many many things, it just allow you ample time to stop.

No offense but hope the above would instill certain civic sense into all fellow Singaporeans.

Guest angela

Bro... I think u are abit too offensive.

your words:

"If you were to read my previous posts carefully, I did not say following behind or tailgating which I would never do."

"Although it's irritating to follow MPVs or SUVs, but roads and expressway are not entirely straight so you can still manage to see what's in front of them"

Mine:

"What you say about the MPVs or SUVs is true. Road isnt straight all the time.

I have another point of view. Y must one follow another car so close."

1st i said wat u said is right! But i have another point of view. Also i said Y must ONE follow. I never use the word U.

Yours:

"Just another point. Most Singaporean drivers are just driving 2 cars ahead, i.e. they concentrate only on the 2 cars infront of them."

I dont get what u mean??

Yours:

"Blackout windows definitely will pose certain danger to road users as visibility should not be obstructed under any circumstances."

Frankly speaking, i have never heard before that an accident is caused because of blackout windows. Like the scenario u gave. U were filtering left out. He is on ur right side going straight. U should look out for the car rather than to see what inside. What u should look for inside the car? The driver? See if he is he staring at u? or smsing? Eating? Smoking?

If u asked me. I would tell u a black car with black rims would a danger at night. If happens that the driver forget to turn on the lights!

Seriously, i duno how it can affect other road user.

Bro, Law is law. They can imposed it if its causing problem. Country big has nothing to do with it. These are my stupid thoughts. May not be true.

Bro, this is a friendly conversation. Sorry if you feel offended.

Cheers...

Guest tlow728

Bro, here is I really don't understand and hope you can help me.

You mentioned:

"if you are turning left into a main road and one of these entirely "black out' ones comes on your right and takes forever to get onto the main road, there's no difference between it and a brick wall!!"

What if on your right is not a tinted "black out" car instead is a MPV in black. Estima, Fortuner, Trajet, Outlander, RX300, Harrier. Do you fell irritated?

Thank You.

Why should I feel irritated when it is a black MPV?? If it has to be higher than my vehicle then it has to be higher. But if it is not higher and is only a normal sedan, why must the driver of that car 'black out' his car to block my vision?? Is he going against the law and at the same time asking me to cheat myself than his vehicle is the same as a panel van??

When I was driving my Toyota Picnic, I always reminded myself that I may be blocking the vision of others, especially in carparks, and most of the time I will reverse into a lot instead of "head in". It is whether you are civic minded or not and not arguing just because your car could be tinted.

A law is a law and there will always be a rationale behind it. Every extra precaution taken by each and every road user could very well save a life!!!

Guest Cklasse

Maybe we can all meet tomorrow at the bbq and talk about tinted windows over a can of beer.....nice place, nice food and nice ladies....maybe we will forge t the windows and talk about girls instead ;D

Guest angela

Yes & No

I hear you loud and clear, but I still don't understand.

Correct me if I am wrong: actually safety is not your main concern instead you do not like ppl against the law.

The rationale behind for not allowing front side window tinted or black out is "security reason" and not so much of road safety.

If we talk about safety, there are certain thing approved by the authority but do not have safety measure or make sense too. e.g Both factory fitted and after market bi-xenon can pose dangerous to on coming driver, but why a factory fitted bi-xenon is allow and a after market is not allow. Another example of GPS system in the car also can pose danger to itself and other road user, if a person lost his /her way, first reaction is look at the screen, the surrounding instead of listening to the voice for direction. One good example: a blonde lady driving her SL500 gone swimming.

Well, we can talk untill the cow come home also no conclusion la. like what Cklasse say, we should have a drink and go to hell with tinted glass. Right Bro?

Correct me if I am wrong, sorry if you feel offended. But we all have our own view so there is no right or wrong legal or illegal

Cheers & Smile

I think you are spot on! I agree its illegal. Thats no doubt about that. But Blackout window to block vision is BS. Haha.... U n Lim peh still gentlemen.

I came to edit to say that i not coming into this topic liao.

Cheers...

Guest angela

I have tinted windows...

I personally don't see the problem with other people having tinted windows. For me is because I am a bit photosensitive So I have to darken my windows. Or else everytime I get home my eyes will be burning.

I guess it's almost the same debate I had with LTA of having neon lights under the car. Distracting- Yes or no?

Guest angela

Was in JB other day, I saw a long row of SG cars with tinted window stopped by Msian TP opposite City Square. :o

we should also detain the Msian cars here and return the favor.