• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Nano Technology on B-Class ?

Guest aspade

Nano tech is basically a clear layer of coating over the paint. Understand class C and above are covered but not A & B class. Anyone can help to confirm ?

If so, any recommendation for such a service in Singapore. My current A class has a coat of ploymer II from unique1995.sg for 5 years and it worked really well.

Hmmm, the SE says there's no protection leh ..... Anyways I think I will let it be for a while before doing anything. CS-II should be the way in the future.

Anyway my car's reached the shores now. Waiting for the COE this round and I think I should get it pretty soon. Its almost the same config as your B170 except i added a panaromic roof. Quite exciting.....

Guest 777kenny

Well...this is the Sale Leaflet I was talking about...the words "Paint Protection" is clearly stated under the Exterior...maybe it's already done in factory...

SaleLeaftlet.jpg

The Sale persons there might not know everything about the car...at least they don't spend as much time as some of us do surfing the internet and forums to research on the car. One thing my sale person didn't know is the Cruise Control, which was thought to be just a Speed Limiter.

I love the Panorama Roof too...but didn't want to wait for a few months for the special indent.

Hehe...I'm still excited about my ride!

Kenny,

Seasons Greetings!

I also discovered by chance that we have cruise control in our car despite the fact that our 'SE' said that it is only a speed limiter. Told her about it and she still find it hard to believe it!

Anyway ,with regards to the RPM question that I posed in the benzworld forum, apparently they did tune up my idling rpm because it seems like it is a kind of patch job that they upgraded the software when I send in my car for servicing. The factory idling speed apparently is too low and caused stalling in a few cases.

Subsequently all B-class sent in for servicing will be upgraded with this software, so do take note of your current idlling rpm and fuel consumption. i find that it had gone up a bit.

Regards,

New

Well, the brochure also says there's Gear Shift Button as standard for all B Class. But on further checking, it's not available on the B170 !

What other surprises have you owners found when you took over the car ?

Guest 777kenny

Well, the brochure also says there's Gear Shift Button as standard for all B Class. But on further checking, it's not available on the B170 !

What other surprises have you owners found when you took over the car ?

Apart from what you and we have mentioned...that's about it...err...so far ;)

Can I cfm with u guys that B Class comes with the speed limiter and cruise control as standard, i am collecting mine next week.

it comes with paranomic roof, bluetooth, gearshift buttons, reverse sensor (back only) and i have to forego 3000 star$.

Anyone got a better deal from their SE?

Lastly, anyone think of converting your B to CNG :P

Congrats on your new ride!

yes the speed limiter and the cruise control come as standard in the B-class although I feel that the cruise control is not ergonmically designed for the driver.

With regards to the best deal... the package given to car buyers always varies, it might be the best now but down the road, they will thow in something or take away something. So need not bother to compare what you have and don't have. You have a good package that comes with with a great car... enjoy my friend!

Congrats on your new ride!

yes the speed limiter and the cruise control come as standard in the B-class although I feel that the cruise control is not ergonmically designed for the driver.

With regards to the best deal... the package given to car buyers always varies, it might be the best now but down the road, they will thow in something or take away something. So need not bother to compare what you have and don't have. You have a good package that comes with with a great car... enjoy my friend!

My SE just called me, he insist that B170 doesn't come with cruise control. Can you ask yours to call my SE or something to that effect? :P

How about coming to the meetup this Sunday for all the B-class?

We always get a lot of C-class leh.....

I haven't collect the B Class yet, when is the next meet up?

Btw, how many B Class onwers are there in the SG MERC forum? Maybe we should compile a list with car colors.

Mine is horizon blue :)

Can I cfm with u guys that B Class comes with the speed limiter and cruise control as standard, i am collecting mine next week.

it comes with paranomic roof, bluetooth, gearshift buttons, reverse sensor (back only) and i have to forego 3000 star$.

Hi Notti, I am scheduled to get my car next week too ! And mine too has the panoramic (how do you spell this word actually ?) !!. It will be interesting to see i the cruise control comes standard as it is not part of the spec but I do see them in the current B170 in the showroom. As for the gearshift buttons, I will be jealous if you have it as I understand the it is no standard in the B170.

Unless you are getting a B200 ?

Mine's cosmic black !

it is spelt as lourved pananormic sunroof. Mine is a B170 and yes it comes with gearshift buttons (behind steering wheel)

My SE is Jormas, for others who want good lobang and yet to buy the b class.

Who is your SE?

Hi Notti, I am scheduled to get my car next week too ! And mine too has the panoramic (how do you spell this word actually ?) !!. It will be interesting to see i the cruise control comes standard as it is not part of the spec but I do see them in the current B170 in the showroom. As for the gearshift buttons, I will be jealous if you have it as I understand the it is no standard in the B170.

Unless you are getting a B200 ?

Mine's cosmic black !

I don't blame your SE. Somehow all SE(including mine) seemed to be in denial that there is cruise control function in the B-class. Perhaps their definition of cruise control in the other classes is different from the B-class.

Anyway, if there is no cruise control, I wonder what is maintaining the speed, slow down or speed up with the lever with my leg off the accelerator?

Unless you tell me this is not cruise control, then I rest my case.

I even asked my SE to give me a reward for informing C&C about this function!

Cheers!

haha..

I think scared of overpromising cm and got sued by mb clients.

Somehow their factory always sabo their distribution guys here.

Like I was in august 07, I saw gearshift is a standard only to realise it is not (with a ton of excuses!)

Last month, SE said that there is new car key design which is chrome plated only to tell me a week later it is reserved for SL customers!

Anyway, I will be collecting my car this Tuesday and check if there's crusie control.

from your description, it is very cruise control indeed! :)

I don't blame your SE. Somehow all SE(including mine) seemed to be in denial that there is cruise control function in the B-class. Perhaps their definition of cruise control in the other classes is different from the B-class.

Anyway, if there is no cruise control, I wonder what is maintaining the speed, slow down or speed up with the lever with my leg off the accelerator?

Unless you tell me this is not cruise control, then I rest my case.

I even asked my SE to give me a reward for informing C&C about this function!

Cheers!

Guest 777kenny

Actually the Cruise Control is not an obvious function of the car. You see, when it is in use, there is ZERO indication that it's being used, whereas there is some info displayed on the cluster when the Speed Limited is in use. Maybe that explains why many thought that the Lever stork is just a Speed Limiter (since Cruise Control and Speed Limiter are functioned from the same lever) :P

noted. i can't wait to collect the car this monday.

we should organise a b class meetup!!!

Actually the Cruise Control is not an obvious function of the car. You see, when it is in use, there is ZERO indication that it's being used, whereas there is some info displayed on the cluster when the Speed Limited is in use. Maybe that explains why many thought that the Lever stork is just a Speed Limiter (since Cruise Control and Speed Limiter are functioned from the same lever) :P

Finally took delivery of my B. Everything's in order as what I expected. Car is smooth and zippy with the CVT for the fairly heavy 1700cc car. The steering is something to be careful about and get used to .... feathery light, very little feel and doesn't return that quickly compared to my old A160L. It does stiffen up when u get onto the highway. Will have more to report after more drive.

Definitely an upgrade from my old car ... although I do miss the old scaffy baby merc a little.