• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Brake Calipers

Guest alwyntan

Guest alwyntan

Hey guys i was thinking of changing my factory fitted brake calipers to a set with colour purely for aesthetic reasons! haha, any recommendations? The amg calipers, brake discs etc costs about 9k with mbm, quite expensive.. are there any cheaper alternatives?

Guest ACSLK

alwyntan wrote:

Hey guys i was thinking of changing my factory fitted brake calipers to a set with colour purely for aesthetic reasons! haha, any recommendations? The amg calipers, brake discs etc costs about 9k with mbm, quite expensive.. are there any cheaper alternatives?

Hi alwyn,

you can consider to spray paint to the colour you want for the caliper and upgrade the rotol to probably cross-drilled or just slotted rotol....

go with a set of good brake host and brake pads for better stopping power too.......

cheers

Guest blackknight

alwyntan wrote:

9k? which model u driving?

Guest alwyntan

Hey guys thanks for the help,

Blackknight: I'm driving the pre-facelifted model of the R171..

ACSLK: Any idea how much changing the rotor and getting the caliper painted will cost? and any recommendations on where to get it done?

Guest blackknight

alwyntan wrote:

ACSLK: Any idea how much changing the rotor and getting the caliper painted will cost? and any recommendations on where to get it done?

U driving the pre-FL SLK and MBM quote you 9k for the AMG brakes? Are they trying to carrot you?

I got them much cheaper than the "carrot" price!

Guest ACSLK

alwyntan wrote:

Hi alwyntan,

changing rotol: depend on the brand..............

you may call BOSS Motorsports, look for Calvin 6459 0038,

you driving SLK350?

* free do join us for Topless Night Drive ( PM me your number )

cheers

Guest alwyntan

Blackknight: YEAH, precisely! thats why i was like wtf.. thought the price was insane! How much did you get yours for? and where did u get em done?

ACSLK: Thanks for the contact, I'll give him a ring! I'm drivg the slk200

Guest Andlee

alwyntan wrote:

Blackknight: YEAH, precisely! thats why i was like wtf.. thought the price was insane! How much did you get yours for? and where did u get em done?

ACSLK: Thanks for the contact, I'll give him a ring! I'm drivg the slk200

I think for the slk200, BBK will make ur car much more heavier.. And of course sluggish as well.. Just be aware of that.. Of course it looks nice but I think it's overkill

Guest ACSLK

Andlee wrote:

I think for the slk200, BBK will make ur car much more heavier.. And of course sluggish as well.. Just be aware of that.. Of course it looks nice but I think it's overkill

Hi Andrew,

BBK will not make the car heavy till where.............

anyway SLK200 is sluggish.....................

cheers

Guest smarty

blackknight wrote:

no difference , BREMBO is the OEM for AMG anyway..price wise also not much different

Hi Blackknight,

Any recommended shop and reasonable price?

Guest blackknight

go check out the prices from our usual suppliers in this forum...but do compare the prices and lead time needed for the brakes to arrive, don't just go to one shop and buy on the spot.

Guest blackmercs

smarty wrote:

Thanks Blackknight for sharing. I did check with shops carry BKK but high price.

Any forumer here caring to share?

What's yr budget & plan setup?

Guest blackmercs

smarty wrote:

If possible, less than 5k will do. 6/4 or 4/2 setup depends on budget. 6/4 AMG BBK around 7k, is this standard price in the market?

yap is on the low side comparing with branded. Anything below most likely from Asia. Also, there are factors comparing to cost, like the brand, types pf caliper etc. So u needs to compare apple to apple else will lead U back to the drawing board.

Guest ACSLK

blackmercs wrote:

yap is on the low side comparing with branded. Anything below most likely from Asia. Also, there are factors comparing to cost, like the brand, types pf caliper etc. So u needs to compare apple to apple else will lead U back to the drawing board.

Plus rotol size and whether is it mono block, etc etc as well.....

cheers

Guest blackmercs

ACSLK wrote:

Plus rotol size and whether is it mono block, etc etc as well.....

cheers

Yap like floating disk or stainless hose etc etc. Is better to check before deciding and not jump into conclusion :).

Guest smarty

Thanks blackmerc and ACSLK for the rich informations.

Going back to questions again. Which shop do carry AMG pr Brembo BBK for SLK besides MTM and BL? I believe some old bird here would know more, please share.

Thank you very much!

Guest ACSLK

smarty wrote:

Thanks blackmerc and ACSLK for the rich informations.

Going back to questions again. Which shop do carry AMG pr Brembo BBK for SLK besides MTM and BL? I believe some old bird here would know more, please share.

Thank you very much!

Hi smarty,

PM me your number....

i try to send you a quote on Brembo..........

cheers