• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing

Guest simonscleung

Guest simonscleung

Hi,

Some newbie question here.

My car is now out of warranty and I want to service outside. I heard MBM is doing good servicing (heard only... no experience). Anyone knows if any shops is recommended for servicing and anyone I should contact?

Many many thanks in advance :)

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest millionmilebenz

Hi Simon! Welcome to the Club!

First off, if you have a relatively new Merc (e.g. W203, W210/211, W220, etc), then I think you may face more electrical-issues rather than mechanical-issues. I would recommend MBM highly if you have a newer Merc. They are a very professionally-run shop and the service is very good. All of the service team leaders (those in black t-shirts) are good. Furthermore, if you're interested in modifying your ride, MBM is a great shop to do that.

If your car is from an earlier era, like mine (e.g. W201, W124, W126, etc) then I would recommend Zen Auto in Kaki Bukit (look for Ah Hui or Ah Maan) or Bee Leong Autoworks (look for Ah Kee) near Newton Circle. They are honest brokers, and price-wise quite reasonable. If you have a problem that is more major in nature, it's good to get a second opinion (bring to both).

Above are just based on my limited experience. Any member reading this thread is most welcomed to add in your recommendations.

Guest captain jack

Hi.. I am avery satisfied customer of MBM Wheelpower.

My CLK Cabriolet is a very well known car which has been extensively converted to full Brabus specification by Kelvin Lim and the guys at MBM. The conversion encompasses everything from genuine Brabus engine upgrades, lowered suspension on 19inch rims, exhaust, body kit, shock absorbers, Vath intercooler, illuminated door sills, bespoke interior.

Additionally Kelvin services the car and keeps it in pristine mechanical condition.

I highly recommend MBM for their professional workmanship, extensive knowledge and friendly disposition

Guest millionmilebenz

Welcome to the club captain jack and congratulations to your first post! So is that your CLK that is featured in MBM's photo album? ;D

I'm sure you will find many members here who will gladly tell you their good experience with MBM.

What I'm interested to know is whether there are other workshops that anyone have had strong positive experience with? It's good to share this type of feedback amongst ourselves.

Guest millionmilebenz

For those who wish to read more testimonies, here's an early thread on members' positive experiences with MBM...

http://sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39.0

Let me state the standard disclaimer: SGMerc is not affiliated to MBM commercially, and we do not endorse or promote the products or services of any vendor in an official basis. All recommendations given by members in this forum (including the moderators) are based purely on personal opinions.

Hi all,

when the warranty of my W203 ended, had my car serviced and maintained at Ready Auto Care #03-06 AMK Auto Point. My friend's CLK 230 K (@ 6 yrs old) also maintained by them. But don't think they do bodywork or engine mods. :)

Guest Cklasse

yup, he is the well-known captain Jack,Jason also knows him. he had posted his pics @ our prev website about his vath installer @ MBM.

hey bro, dun forget to come down for meetup this month!! 8)

Jason see you as his master hehehehe

This is getting more like StarWars "Jedi talk"....

yup, he is the well-known captain Jack,Jason also knows him. he had posted his pics @ our prev website about his vath installer @ MBM.

hey bro, dun forget to come down for meetup this month!! 8)

Jason see you as his master hehehehe

haha... i only hear of captain jack big name and that he has done many performance mods that i have followed. i have not meet captain jack in person yet :P i came to know MBM through captain jack's post in mbworld forum and have been entrusting them with my cars for various mods ever since.

Guest millionmilebenz

haha... i only hear of captain jack big name and that he has done many performance mods that i have followed. i have not meet captain jack in person yet :P i came to know MBM through captain jack's post in mbworld forum and have been entrusting them with my cars for various mods ever since.

Wah... this is high endorsement coming from CBlack, our mod master!

captain jack, come to the next meet-up, you must! Meet you we will!