• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

WeddingConvoy & CharityDrive - NEED CONVERTIBLES!

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hi Merc drivers!

My name's Umar Munshi and unfortunately I do neither own a Merc nor am I a member of this club. However, I am posting this to seek our charitable convertible drivers in Singapore to be part of an event that I am organizing next weekend.

8)

You are Invited!

I would like to personally invite convertible car drivers to be part of my wedding event at the Singapore Expo Hall 5b on the 13th of January 2008, which is next Sunday. Of course, it would be wonderful if we could go there as a convoy also.

My wedding is organized in conjuction with a Wedding and Lifestyle Exhibition and will be quite a big event with over 100,000 members of public expected to attend.

The guest list for the wedding per se however is very exclusive and I'm inviting only 1800 guests which of course includes the charity fundrive volunteers. I do apologize in advance if not everyone can attend. :)

Orphan's Charity Drive

In conjuction with my wedding, I am organizing a charity drive to bring cheer and joy to the less fortunate.

The beneficiary is PERTAPIS, which runs Old Folks' and Orphans' Homes.

Our contribution to the charity will not be in cash or donations, but in a very unique way to bring excitement, laughter and buzz into the lives of the many poor and underprivileged kids of the home.

I would like to ask for your kind and generous support to be part of my proposed Orphans' joy ride event, where our cars pick up a child each and drive them round the Expo carpark, of course with the top open. ;D

I have already sought approval from the Expo management and they have very graciously and enthusiastically agreed to facilitate this event.

All of us love our rides but we sometimes underestimate the kind of impact we can make to the lives of these orphans just by giving them a simple joyride.

I personally have given some of these orphans a ride, and the joy that it brings them is so touching to me that the feeling is indescribable in words.

So do think about supporting me in my quest to add some happiness to the lives of these children and to give them a ride they will never forget!

Details:

Date: 13th Jan 08, Sunday

Place: Singapore Expo.

Convoy Route: From Upper Changi Rd East, Cascadale condo (beside SIA Training Centre) to Singapore Expo

Charity Drive Route: Around the Expo through its carpark

Time: 1 pm to 3 pm

Duration: 1 1/2 hrs (convoy to expo 10 mins, charity drive 45 mins, makan 30 mins.)

No of cars required: >20 cars for 30-40 kids

I do hope that you guys and gals will give a good thought to being part of this event, and I really hope that there is a good response from the public as this event will be covered in the newspapers and also TV, and more importantly so the children can get to share our joy in riding our cars.

Do feel free to call me anytime for more information at 93270246, or just add your name/nick to the list below. All convertibles are welcome actually so if you have friends with convertibles do invite them too. The more the merrier:

1. Umar (MRS)

2. Jacky (MRS)

3. Shariff (SLK)

4. Stanley (MRS)

5. Jimmy (Crossfire)

6. Kenny (MRS)

7. Renfred (Peugeot 307cc)

8. Wilson (MRS)

9. Brandon (Skyline)

10. Alvin (MRS)

There may be some cool cars like a DB9 and a Ferarri but these have yet to be confirmed so stay tuned!

Apologies for the loooong msg but do reply to this thread for any queries for the benefit of the others reading.

Thanks for your attention and have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Umar Munshi (93270246)

p.s. my sincere apologies that this event is generally limited to mainly convertible cars only. Should you be driving a non-convertible but would like to take part, it is possible also. The main point is to get cars that will excite the kids involved and generally kids love convertibles (don't we all.. heh)

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest angela

1. Umar (MRS)

2. Jacky (MRS)

3. Shariff (SLK)

4. Stanley (MRS)

5. Jimmy (Crossfire)

6. Kenny (MRS)

7. Renfred (Peugeot 307cc)

8. Wilson (MRS)

9. Brandon (Skyline)

10. Alvin (MRS)

11. Terence (BMW cabrio)

12. MERC??

anyone would like to volunteer for this cause. Its a very short simple meet-up but it means alot to the kids involved..

do call me if you're interested. thanks.

Umar (93270246)