• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 engine

Guest phicho

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have not done so, change the drive mode to "S" instead of "C". Your car will be a bit more zippy and smoother. Sounds like you have only the 180 or 200 model kompressor. The body is really heavy as the weight to power ratio is dismal. The supercharger does make a lot of huff and grant. The other option is to upgrade the engine with a higher tuned ECU and other performance upgrades like improved air intake, exhausts, etc. Hope this helps. 8)

Guest phicho

If you have not done so, change the drive mode to "S" instead of "C". Your car will be a bit more zippy and smoother. Sounds like you have only the 180 or 200 model kompressor. The body is really heavy as the weight to power ratio is dismal. The supercharger does make a lot of huff and grant. The other option is to upgrade the engine with a higher tuned ECU and other performance upgrades like improved air intake, exhausts, etc. Hope this helps. 8)

thanks for the advise. Yes I have the C200 Kompressor. where can i upgrade the higher tuned ECU?

Guest phicho

find my W204 engine not as smooth, very rough.

any way to make it smoother and less noisy?

you can consider a drop in K&N filter, that will make your engine breathe better and noise defintely will be reduced.

oh really? I thought with a less restrictive air fliter the air induction noise will also increase?