• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Slk 2012 - anyone?

Guest blackknight

Guest blackknight

2012mercedesslkleakedin.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We talked recently about the future generation SLK as the Germans from Mercedes provided few shots with the camouflaged model while testing. However, it seems that the Germans accidentally revealed the official video for the 2012 Mercedes SLK where the model is presenting all its features.

2012 Mercedes SLK

Of course the video got deleted very quickly but however we have some screenshots with the next-generation Mercedes SLK without any camouflage.

2012 Mercedes SLK

The Start/Stop system is standard for the 2012 Mercedes SLK together with the special Sky Control roof, an impressive innovation, you can read more by checking the link above. At the exterior we can see the adaptive optical blocks with LED lights both in the front and rear. Under the bonnet among others it is very likely to see a 3.5-liter V6 engine able to develop around 300 horsepower. A new Harman Kardon audio system will be also available for the new Mercedes SLK but on the optional list.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackknight

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK Aims for Mini-Me Effect

By JONATHAN SCHULTZ

The 2012 SLK 350 will arrive in American dealer showrooms this summer.

Mercedes-Benz unveiled a lightly refreshed C-Class sedan and a retina-searing SLS AMG E-Cell during the recently concluded Detroit auto show press previews, but the German automaker held one last card in its pocket.

The 2012 SLK Roadster was revealed online on Thursday, wearing a reworked nose and contemporary bodywork effects on its all-aluminum front flanks. The sports car will arrive at American dealerships this summer in its higher-power SLK 350 trim, while the smaller-displacement SLK 250 will ship later in the year.

An upright grille distinguishes the new model from the outgoing gen-2 SLK, whose front fascia swept dramatically backward into the hood and fenders. This new grille treatment is becoming something of a family trait among Mercedes products, first with the brand’s 2008 refresh of its SL sports car and later with its SLS AMG super car — to which the SLK owes much of its overt masculinity. The nose is also evident on the recently redesigned R-Class wagon and CLS sedan. Despite its wind-catcher appearance, Mercedes claims that the SLK’s grille lowers the car’s drag coefficient versus the outgoing car, from .32 to .30.

The first-generation SLK, which bowed in 1996, was among the first mass-produced contemporary convertibles to offer a folding hardtop, which Mercedes called a vario-roof. For 2012, three roof configurations are offered: a standard, body-color-matching roof; another with optional tinted-glass; and in a first for the automaker, a roof with so-called Magic Sky Control. This feature allows the driver to permit sunlight into the cabin or to darken the roof glass with the touch of a button.

The SLK 350’s 3.5-liter V-6, shared with the new C-Class, produces 302 horsepower and offers direct fuel injection. A 1.8-liter turbo 4-cylinder returns to the range as well to motivate the SLK 250, which produces 201 horsepower. Fuel economy estimates have yet to be announced.

Mercedes did not divulge whether a high-performance AMG variant of the SLK is imminent, but with Audi having dropped its S4 Cabriolet, the German competitive field currently consists of just one model: the BMW M3 convertible.

According to a brand spokeswoman, pricing for the two SLK trim levels will be announced in July or August.

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of prefer this new look...the new design will grow on u.

With AMG bodykit sure look more stylish.

My SLK is 6 yrs oready...maybe its time for me to trade in for the new one :bounce:

Guest blackknight

Mercz wrote:

I sort of prefer this new look...the new design will grow on u.

With AMG bodykit sure look more stylish.

My SLK is 6 yrs oready...maybe its time for me to trade in for the new one :bounce:

it is not going to be cheap....with the current COE..haha

SLK 200, SLK 250 , SLK 350 or SLK AMG?