• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Finally Retrofitted my COMAND NTG4 & Keeping my after market MMI

Guest kepiting1sg

Guest kepiting1sg

kai wrote:

Hi friend,

So what is the difference between the retrofit done by AutoSpritz with Comand NTG 2.5 and that done by Camber53? :becky: Are they the same or is there any difference between them?

kai wrote:

Hi friend,

So what is the difference between the retrofit done by AutoSpritz with Comand NTG 2.5 and that done by Camber53? :becky: Are they the same or is there any difference between them?

First of all I understand U are driving a W212 E250.

COMAND NTG 2.5 is not for your ride rather it should be COMAND NTG 4.

COMAND retrofit by Autospritze/Wee Heng for NTG 4 can be the same person i.e Camber 53 or other.

I know AutoSpritze/Wee Heng, Camber53 or other available COMAND retrofit installer.

Although I know all of them but I've no business connection with any of them or get a commission if I refer any customer to them.

Therefore because of business confidentiality & ethics, I cannot tell U much how they run their businesses in this open forum.

If U think I can gip U sound advice whether to instal after mkt multimedia interface with Garmin GPS, DVD, Dig TV, RC, etc or retrofit COMAND NTG 4 to your ride, U can turn up at any of this week events & see me.

BTW When I had my E250 Avantgarde from CnC, Wee Heng installed aft mkt MMI with Dig TV, Garmin GPS & RC & Camber53 retrofit COMAND NTG 4.

So I had both aft mkt MMI & COMAND NTG 4 on my E250.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kepiting1sg wrote:

First of all I understand U are driving a W212 E250.

COMAND NTG 2.5 is not for your ride rather it should be COMAND NTG 4.

COMAND retrofit by Autospritze/Wee Heng for NTG 4 can be the same person i.e Camber 53 or other.

If U think I can gip U sound advice whether to instal after mkt multimedia interface with Garmin GPS, DVD, Dig TV, RC, etc or retrofit COMAND NTG 4 to your ride, U can turn up at any of this week events & see me.

BTW When I had my E250 Avantgarde from CnC, Wee Heng installed aft mkt MMI with Dig TV, Garmin GPS & RC & Camber53 retrofit COMAND NTG 4.

So I had both aft mkt MMI & COMAND NTG 4 on my E250.

Thank you for being so informative and I do appreciate your response. :becky: Based on what I have read so far, it seems that you only reside in Singapore for a short period of time and then you will go somewhere and then back again. So the only chance to meet you is to see you at once of the events organised? :music:

Guest kepiting1sg

kai wrote:

Thank you for being so informative and I do appreciate your response. :becky: Based on what I have read so far, it seems that you only reside in Singapore for a short period of time and then you will go somewhere and then back again. So the only chance to meet you is to see you at once of the events organised? :music:

The kakies here call me Unker Batam cos I am an old man of near 60.

Every week I go & cheong Batam until I m sapped dry then come back to Singapore for the weekends on Fri evenings.

Had been doing this routine for the last 20+ years!

Hope to see U soon! :hand:

Guest www888

kepiting1sg wrote:

If yours is the last batch of FL W211 which comes with a color LCD screen then can fit after mkt MMI.

Hi, mine is last batch of FL W211.

Now wondering whether it is better to fit after market MMI or mod to command (NTG 2.5?).

Any suggestion and where should I get it done? The existing colour LCD is a bit small though.

Guest kepiting1sg

www888 wrote:

Hi, mine is last batch of FL W211.

Now wondering whether it is better to fit after market MMI or mod to command (NTG 2.5?).

Any suggestion and where should I get it done? The existing colour LCD is a bit small though.

I've done my NTG 2.5 on my ML300.

Currently the Comand NTG 2.5 is also for the A, B, SLK, SL, R, M Class.

The screen will be bigger than your current Audio 20.

U may wanna take a look @ my NTG 2.5.

Not only full steering controls but information on your instrument cluster including. NAV info name of road & distance to turn.

Full voice Comand!

Guest tzehou

Bro Kepiting,

I had just ordered the new C-Class Coupe from CnC. It comes with the Command Online thingy. Do you know what it is? How does it compare, in terms of features, with the usual command 2.5 or 4? Any idea bro? Or maybe other experts can help or advice?

Many thanks guys.

Guest jtang

tzehou wrote:

Bro Kepiting,

I had just ordered the new C-Class Coupe from CnC. It comes with the Command Online thingy. Do you know what it is? How does it compare, in terms of features, with the usual command 2.5 or 4? Any idea bro? Or maybe other experts can help or advice?

Many thanks guys.

Comand online? Could this be the latest where one can go online for real time navigation & surf the web? Gosh...if it's true, WET!

Guest kepiting1sg

tzehou wrote:

Bro Kepiting,

Many thanks guys.

Congrats Pak Henry!

Comand arh! Must be the C350 koolpay!

Selamat Bapak!

The Comand is NTG4.5 & the most advance to date.

Available in the new C, C Coupe & CLS.

NAV by google maps with Internet possibility!

Jangan kawatir Pak!

There's a thing they call manual....hahaha! :lol:

Here's a video of the Comand NTG 4.5 on the latest CLS -WET!!!!

vQL0tqLCjcQ&feature

Guest blackmercs

tzehou wrote:

Bro Kepiting,

Many thanks guys.

Not the expert, yes u can go online with this new command. Infact all new C class incoming will be fitted with this command online as a standard.

blackmercs wrote:

Not the expert, yes u can go online with this new command. Infact all new C class incoming will be fitted with this command online as a standard.

How come this new command only for C-class and not for the E-class? :Cry:

Guest tzehou

Thanks for all the advice señor :hail:

Just researched more on the Internet and found that the new Command online will work with most phones. But for the Internet connection, the phones that are able to connect via Bluetooth for Internet surfing is quite limited. fyi, iPhones cant use the Internet connection as the software is not compatible (think Apple 'locked' it's phone software and limits it's Bluetooth data connection; not sure about jailbreak iPhones though). But iPhone can use the Command Online like our usual Bluetooth head unit (e.g Audio 20) and allow calls via Bluetooth.

My BlackBerry and Nokia phones so far is ok. Cool thing is I think the new Command online also allows users to read SMS on the screen.

Guest tzehou

jtang wrote:

Comand online? Could this be the latest where one can go online for real time navigation & surf the web? Gosh...if it's true, WET!

Err... which part is WET bro? ke ke ke... head, lips, fingers, palms or.... ke ke ke... :tongue1:

Guest tzehou

kai wrote:

How come this new command only for C-class and not for the E-class? :Cry:

Haaa... maybe bcos E class more 'atas' (malay meaning for up-class). They might have better ones for you guys la. No worries.

But if I'm not wrong, the next batch of E-class also comes with this Command online thing. Thats what I heard from my SE. Not sure if it is true. But its not for free - for both C and E class. The price had been 'build-in' into the sales package :becky:

tzehou wrote:

Haaa... maybe bcos E class more 'atas' (malay meaning for up-class). They might have better ones for you guys la. No worries.

But if I'm not wrong, the next batch of E-class also comes with this Command online thing. Thats what I heard from my SE. Not sure if it is true. But its not for free - for both C and E class. The price had been 'build-in' into the sales package :becky:

Why so many changes? First the 7G-tronic and now the Comand NTG4.5 for E-class? How can we possibly catch up with the new changes? :Cry:

Guest kepiting1sg

kai wrote:

Why so many changes? First the 7G-tronic and now the Comand NTG4.5 for E-class? How can we possibly catch up with the new changes? :Cry:

That's 1 of the ways Diamler sells their cars!!! :lol:

Guest tzehou

Yeah... if I'm not wrong, the so call 7G-tronic had been launched long ago on the S class and other higher level range of merc cars. Only recently it has been available to the E and C class in SG.

• 3 months later...