• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 Sound system upgrade

Guest cykp

Hi All,

I've just install a sound processor JBL, MS 8. The improvement in sound is so good that prompted me to share my experience with our brothers interested in upgrading their audio system.

First the processor comes with DSP, listening position selector, Logic 7-surround effect, 31 band EQ. - Previous I was using Alpine H701. To me I think MS8 sound far better especially more 3D and easy to set up. Comparing to 701 MS8 is more user friendly as you can control everything via a remote. You can see the menu via a removable small screen.

Installing is more of a plug and play thing, and all factory functions are not affected

I've since upgraded my speakers to 2 way, and is powered by a 4 channel amps. If you decided to keep the existing speaker I believe you will still experience the difference.

The unit is not that expensive I think it's somewhere between 1200-1500. You might be able to get it cheaper. I've got mine through a friend.

So if you want a better audio system, and you are someone whom like to remain the factory and play with ICE, look no further MS8 is the way to go.

Guest vt5sport

cykp wrote:

Hi All,

I've just install a sound processor JBL, MS 8. The improvement in sound is so good that prompted me to share my experience with our brothers interested in upgrading their audio system.

First the processor comes with DSP, listening position selector, Logic 7-surround effect, 31 band EQ. - Previous I was using Alpine H701. To me I think MS8 sound far better especially more 3D and easy to set up. Comparing to 701 MS8 is more user friendly as you can control everything via a remote. You can see the menu via a removable small screen.

Installing is more of a plug and play thing, and all factory functions are not affected

I've since upgraded my speakers to 2 way, and is powered by a 4 channel amps. If you decided to keep the existing speaker I believe you will still experience the difference.

The unit is not that expensive I think it's somewhere between 1200-1500. You might be able to get it cheaper. I've got mine through a friend.

So if you want a better audio system, and you are someone whom like to remain the factory and play with ICE, look no further MS8 is the way to go.

Where did u get it done?

Guest achuafc

Whoa bro, I am also having plans to upgrade the current sound system. Still got my previous Alpine PXA-H701 (believe it's the same as your previous) and thinking of hooking it up together with my 4 channel amp.

Can hook up with you to check out your new investment?

cykp wrote:

Hi All,

achuafc wrote:

Whoa bro, I am also having plans to upgrade the current sound system. Still got my previous Alpine PXA-H701 (believe it's the same as your previous) and thinking of hooking it up together with my 4 channel amp.

Can hook up with you to check out your new investment?

Hi, yes I will be glad to share it with you, however my setup is not really complete yet. Meanwhile if you have any question I'll be glad to help you out.

• 6 months later...
Guest vt5sport

cykp wrote:

Hi, yes I will be glad to share it with you, however my setup is not really complete yet. Meanwhile if you have any question I'll be glad to help you out.

Bro, any updates on ur upgrades?

Guest cykp

vt5sport wrote:

Bro, any updates on ur upgrades?

yup more or less done up liao.

I have 2 way Sinfoni up front

MS8 sound processor

1 x mono

1 x 4 channel

1 x 10 inch woofer

command unit

I think this setup will last me another 2 years.

:becky::becky:

Guest Mercbumpkin

cykp wrote:

yup more or less done up liao.

I have 2 way Sinfoni up front

MS8 sound processor

1 x mono

1 x 4 channel

1 x 10 inch woofer

command unit

I think this setup will last me another 2 years.

:becky::becky:

How's your tweeter position setup bro? Added tweeter pods?

Guest blackmercs

ricric_lo wrote:

Any bros here wants to retrofit the Harmon Kardon Sound System? May be I can provide the retrofit kit for it.

Cheers, Ricky

U mean the 7G Harmon Gordon system? Or only speakers replacement?

Guest ricric_lo

Yes, it's the Harmon Kardon Sound System SA810 Retrofit with the ampifier required. In fact, you cannot just change the speakers. As far as I know, the front speakers except the center one, more or less at the same frequency range of the stock speakers but the rears speakers configuration is different from the stock. There are only high and mid range coming out if you do not install the woofer at the back.

However, the retrofit would not be cheap as it involves too many parts indeed.

In addition, I'm looking for the parts for the "Rear Seat Entertainment" retrofit and try to get it in place with SG$5K.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest ricric_lo

Hi, the tweeter pods on the dash board also included as part of the HK Sound System retrofit.

Cheers, Ricky

cykp wrote:

I have the tweeter pods on the dash board

Guest kepiting1sg

subaru67 wrote:

any good installer who are familier with our benz to do decent upgrade for more bass?

Swift Motion, New Generation, Chuan Sing, Foon Audio, Darren Audio, Hong Guan, Nam Huat, etc

Guest subaru67

kepiting1sg wrote:

Swift Motion, New Generation, Chuan Sing, Foon Audio, Darren Audio, Hong Guan, Nam Huat, etc

chuan sing @ serangoon gdn , nam huat @ sin ming, hmmmm