• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Internal Cabin Blue LED Light

Guest angchug

Guest angchug

Can anyone HELP ! I wanted to change my Cabin lights with Blue LED light.

I am driving a B170, 2008 model. I went to Autobac and was told the Japanese LED are not compatible. Is there any compatible Blue LED light available in sg? Please advise... Thanks in Advance

Guest kepiting1sg

angchug wrote:

Can anyone HELP ! I wanted to change my Cabin lights with Blue LED light.

I am driving a B170, 2008 model. I went to Autobac and was told the Japanese LED are not compatible. Is there any compatible Blue LED light available in sg? Please advise... Thanks in Advance

I buy all my LED lights from eBay and usually DIYed myself.

There are hundreds of sellers over ebay for LED lights and prices are very competitive.

Did that to all my previous & current rides - W124, W203, W211, Audi Q5 & A4 & W212.

I changed the licence plate lights, all interior lights including the door courtesy lights, footwells, sun visor, glove compartment & boot interior too.

IMHO, U pay an arm & leg if U buying LED lights in SG.

Know what type & sizes of bulbs U need and buy them from eBay.

If U do not DIY, get a workshop or car audio shop to do the instal for U.

I did a simple search for blue T10 LEDs over eBay.

U go compare the prices locally - faint arh!!!!......hahahaha!

http://shop.ebay.com.sg/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2396&rt=nc&_nkw=Blue+T10+LED&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=2&_sc=1

• 3 weeks later...

Bro

I drive a w221. i went to the link you mentioned.

Just want to check how u diy? open the hatch alone is tricky leow.

how about the led bulb specs-like what to order? I am just afraid bought from ebay cannot work

kepiting1sg wrote:

I buy all my LED lights from eBay and usually DIYed myself.

There are hundreds of sellers over ebay for LED lights and prices are very competitive.

Did that to all my previous & current rides - W124, W203, W211, Audi Q5 & A4 & W212.

I changed the licence plate lights, all interior lights including the door courtesy lights, footwells, sun visor, glove compartment & boot interior too.

IMHO, U pay an arm & leg if U buying LED lights in SG.

Know what type & sizes of bulbs U need and buy them from eBay.

If U do not DIY, get a workshop or car audio shop to do the instal for U.

I did a simple search for blue T10 LEDs over eBay.

U go compare the prices locally - faint arh!!!!......hahahaha!

http://shop.ebay.com.sg/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A2396&rt=nc&_nkw=Blue+T10+LED&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=2&_sc=1

Guest kepiting1sg

notti wrote:

Bro

I drive a w221. i went to the link you mentioned.

Just want to check how u diy? open the hatch alone is tricky leow.

how about the led bulb specs-like what to order? I am just afraid bought from ebay cannot work

Apologise for the late reply!

Just got back home this morning with the family from holidays.

W221 - I am not familar but usually the front & back dome lights could be a little tricky to open unless U know where are the catches.

W203 - I ka ka lai

W211 - I got brief info from MBWorld

W212 - Front dome light - workshop look into the W212 workshop manual - it turn out a credit card kind of card was used to pry the front dome light open in just a few sec.

Nowadays they are usually T10 bulbs and no more festoon bulbs.

Door courtesy lights, floor lights, visor lights, glove compartment lights, rear boot lights are quite easy to pry open their covers and usually they used T10 bulbs too.

The tricky part is that U have to see how the T10 bulbs are placed in the holder so that U order the "right T10" bulbs" that shine in the right directions to give the best illumination.

Once the type of T10 bulbs are identified, U can go & buy your bulbs.

If U are serious about changing your bulbs and knowing what types to buy, pls. come to the next GTG and I shall bring my "collections" to show which type might be appropriate for your use.

I have gone through many rounds of eBay bulbs buying & trying out which one is the right ones and the brightest. :becky:

Hi bro (but think they call u uncle)

I shall wait for the next gathering, which is coming soon.

I have seen my mechanic open before, cos he changed one of the front light a few mths ago. Maybe i buy leow ask him to "DIY" for me :P

Cheers!

kepiting1sg wrote:

Apologise for the late reply!

Just got back home this morning with the family from holidays.

W221 - I am not familar but usually the front & back dome lights could be a little tricky to open unless U know where are the catches.

W203 - I ka ka lai

W211 - I got brief info from MBWorld

W212 - Front dome light - workshop look into the W212 workshop manual - it turn out a credit card kind of card was used to pry the front dome light open in just a few sec.

Nowadays they are usually T10 bulbs and no more festoon bulbs.

Door courtesy lights, floor lights, visor lights, glove compartment lights, rear boot lights are quite easy to pry open their covers and usually they used T10 bulbs too.

The tricky part is that U have to see how the T10 bulbs are placed in the holder so that U order the "right T10" bulbs" that shine in the right directions to give the best illumination.

Once the type of T10 bulbs are identified, U can go & buy your bulbs.

If U are serious about changing your bulbs and knowing what types to buy, pls. come to the next GTG and I shall bring my "collections" to show which type might be appropriate for your use.

I have gone through many rounds of eBay bulbs buying & trying out which one is the right ones and the brightest. :becky:

Guest lightning

notti wrote:

Hi bro (but think they call u uncle)

I shall wait for the next gathering, which is coming soon.

I have seen my mechanic open before, cos he changed one of the front light a few mths ago. Maybe i buy leow ask him to "DIY" for me :P

Cheers!

Just went to Darren Auto to change my rear licence plate & boot lights to white LED. Jack, the owner is very familiar with Merc. Most impt...his charges is very reasonable...:whistle:

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

Just went to Darren Auto to change my rear licence plate & boot lights to white LED. Jack, the owner is very familiar with Merc. Most impt...his charges is very reasonable...:whistle:

U went to see my "relative" Jack Seah arh?....hahaha! :becky:

Guest lightning

kepiting1sg wrote:

U went to see my "relative" Jack Seah arh?....hahaha! :becky:

you've got a nice "relative" and very helpful... my suppork suppork him abit...:whistle:

told me he is preparing for simic audio/ICE competition... he is 1 of the 3 finalists :becky:

Guest kepiting1sg

lightning wrote:

you've got a nice "relative" and very helpful... my suppork suppork him abit...:whistle:

told me he is preparing for simic audio/ICE competition... he is 1 of the 3 finalists :becky:

We have the same surname nia lah & we have known each other for quite some time.

As an ICE installer Jack has to prepare his customer cars or even he himself to participate in ICE competitions.

Jack go as far as driving his & also customer cars to Bangkok for ICE competitions.

It can be up just for the qualifying round and later for the finals.

He's not the only guy who do that.....not only from notable ICE installer like New Gen Cartoon but also quite a few hard cores ICE DIYer too.....hehehe!:becky:

Unker has since retired from the ICE "chiang hu".....dun mind losing to other competitiors but cannot tahan losing to judges.....hahahaha! :becky:

Wanna to be a spare driver such trips up???......hehehehe!