• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK Fan

Guest Loneranger 777

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Hi all!

Iam Kevin . Iam keen in getting a preowned SLK 200 .

Hope u guys/gals would be kind enough to give me some advice.

Thank you

Hi Kevin,

welcome onboard....

what's your budget range??? How about SLK350???

cheers

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Thanks......iam looking at SLK 200 and my budget is 100k.

Hi Kevin,

SLK200, 100k, there's quite a lot in the sgcarmart......you should be able to get one soon

(2005 model )

cheers

Guest Loneranger 777

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Kevin,

SLK200, 100k, there's quite a lot in the sgcarmart......you should be able to get one soon

(2005 model )

cheers

Hi...... saw a couple of the 2005 models on sgcarmart. Is there anything I should look out for , before getting one. Do the 2005 models have any known mechanical problems. Do u recommend getting a 2005 model.

Cheers

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Hi...... saw a couple of the 2005 models on sgcarmart. Is there anything I should look out for , before getting one. Do the 2005 models have any known mechanical problems. Do u recommend getting a 2005 model.

Cheers

Hi Kevin,

2005 model are pre-FL, if budget allows get a FL model (08 onwards) better.....slightly higher power, plus a nicer bodykit, nicer steering wheel....pay abit more but you gets much more............

* not much mechanical problem on this M271 engine...very reliable i must say

cheers

Guest Loneranger 777

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Kevin,

2005 model are pre-FL, if budget allows get a FL model (08 onwards) better.....slightly higher power, plus a nicer bodykit, nicer steering wheel....pay abit more but you gets much more............

* not much mechanical problem on this M271 engine...very reliable i must say

cheers

Oic...... is there any problem in the operation of the retractable hard top......i've seen couple of slk with the amg kit and it looks cool, is the kit easily available, how much does it cost to buy a set.

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Oic...... is there any problem in the operation of the retractable hard top......i've seen couple of slk with the amg kit and it looks cool, is the kit easily available, how much does it cost to buy a set.

Hi Kevin,

roof no problem...............

yes, AMG kit is nice.......easily can get either from MBM or Benzline.

check this out; http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=134340&DL=1400

* if can get 1 SLK that is fully kitted will be the best.

cheers

Guest Loneranger 777

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Kevin,

roof no problem...............

yes, AMG kit is nice.......easily can get either from MBM or Benzline.

check this out; http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=134340&DL=1400

* if can get 1 SLK that is fully kitted will be the best.

cheers

The car in the link looks awesome with the amg kit . Is the slk 280 popular. Hav anyone tried to convert the auto transmission to pedal shift on slk200. Iam used to driving manual cars all the while, not sure if I'll get bored of the auto transmission. Can any workshop, other than the agent, maintain this ride.

Loneranger 777 wrote:

The car in the link looks awesome with the amg kit . Is the slk 280 popular. Hav anyone tried to convert the auto transmission to pedal shift on slk200. Iam used to driving manual cars all the while, not sure if I'll get bored of the auto transmission. Can any workshop, other than the agent, maintain this ride.

Hi Kevin,

FL SLK200 should have paddle shift.

SLK 280 is gooooood, V6.....231hp and 300nm ( just upgrade the pulley plus do an ECU tune to achieve an even sweeter drive ).......

MBM at Sin Ming Autocare can service................no worries

* welcome to the Topless Club in advance.

cheers

Guest Loneranger 777

ACSLK wrote:

Hi Kevin,

FL SLK200 should have paddle shift.

SLK 280 is gooooood, V6.....231hp and 300nm ( just upgrade the pulley plus do an ECU tune to achieve an even sweeter drive ).......

MBM at Sin Ming Autocare can service................no worries

* welcome to the Topless Club in advance.

cheers

Thank for all the useful tips bro, much appreciated. Will let u know once I get my ride. Deciding if I should get slk 200 pr 280.

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Thank for all the useful tips bro, much appreciated. Will let u know once I get my ride. Deciding if I should get slk 200 pr 280.
There is only one choice...go for 280! :)

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Hi Kevin,

Once you get your ride then please do join us for Topless Night Drive.

PM me your number ya.........

Happy Hunting

* alternatively Z4

cheers

Loneranger 777 wrote:

Yes bro, if you going just for looks, the SLK200 will be sufficient. But if you want to put a grin on your face everytime you floor the pedal, at least 3 litre and above..

Andlee wrote:

Yes bro, if you going just for looks, the SLK200 will be sufficient. But if you want to put a grin on your face everytime you floor the pedal, at least 3 litre and above..

3L also got look plus got V6 sound ya........

cheers